To those who have shadow fleets and desire more ships.

I found this in a link that I occasionally check on from time to time. It appears that he made two shadow ships, one is a cruiser and the other is a dreadnought class.
Interesting....... :wink:

http://www.merzo.net/

Yeah I remembered seeing that before. I wonder though if its really worth getting a larger version of a similar design, y'know? I guess not having enough variety I'd be desperate enough to get one myself :) But if you check here (scroll down a bit) this site has a bunch of different shadow designs that I wouldn't mind seeing in miniature.

And seeing the amount of respones this thread is getting... (crickets chirping)... I doubt Mongoose will be producing any in the near future.

The Shadows departed and left us with a flying chicken and a butt plug PL OUCH.

lastbesthope said:
71 views in 9 hours is hardly not getting attention for a thread on these forums.
LBH
That maybe true but 71 posts in 9 hrs. would be better. Do views count? Anyway, I was referring to responses or posts, not views.

But yeah I understand there are better things out there that Mongoose would rather put out- like another fleet- than another shadow mini... they aren't a popular fleet afterall. Just wishful thinking!

To be fair, people would post if they had anything to say. Or froth about, it dosen't necessarily mean that it is related to the thread however.

At least now we know where prelude got his avatar from. The Vorlon Advanced Dreadnought could be an intersting conversion from a heavy cruiser though.

The Shadow ships are pretty much derived from the AOG material, where Shadow cruisers came in several different sizes and configurations, with the Patrol Cruiser at the bottom and the Dreadnought at the top (or was the Battlecruiser at the top? I think that was fit underneath the Dreadnought... but the Battlecruiser had a bigger slicer beam, not just more slicer beams).

-Tyrel

Wow, if the Shadows had one or two of those alternate hulls I'd start up ACtA in a heartbeat. I've always loved the shadows, but never fancied playing a two ship fleet. The Seeker and Looter hulls in particular, nice!

It would be good if they had different sized ships for priority levels.
They even could have variants or a random personality like in the refit table. I would buy them if the fleet was like that. At the moment i consider then a little boring especially since they don't take crits. I always thought they should have organic ship crit table anyway.

Yeah I remembered seeing that before. I wonder though if its really worth getting a larger version of a similar design, y'know? I guess not having enough variety I'd be desperate enough to get one myself But if you check here (scroll down a bit) this site has a bunch of different shadow designs that I wouldn't mind seeing in miniature.
Seconded!

Maybe some day, when Mongoose runs out of miniatures to do, they'll track down those modelers and buy the designs (depends on how much the artists want for their work), and make minis out of them... (hey, one can dream...)

Same for the Vorlons. But not for the EA - they have enough hulls as it is...

The helix, looter or seeker would make good replacement options for the coat-rack'o'doom (hunter)

Personally I like the idea of varied shadow ship miniatures, but they shouldn't have different priority levels. What is ostensibly one of the oldest of the first-one races has no place fielding a skirmish-priority capital ship when a 'mature' one-crew primary vessel is Armageddon...

I like the idea of ships with more personality; given the whole ship is one organism, you shouln't have refits, but you can perhaps pick up experience and favoured tricks.....if anyone's seen Battlestar galactica, I'm thinking of the cylon raider 'Scar'

I always thought it would be cool if the shadows had a life cycle thing going.
Start as fighters, ones that survive grow to be scouts ( Maybe they prey on each other)
Scouts then evolve into Hunter type ships (Males maybe) or Battlecrab ( Female which reproduce the fighters) and starts all over again.

Target said:
Start as fighters, ones that survive grow to be scouts ( Maybe they prey on each other)
Scouts then evolve into Hunter type ships (Males maybe) or Battlecrab ( Female which reproduce the fighters) and starts all over again.

Thats pretty cool. I like that concept.

Just had a thought. Maybe the Shadow Cloud is like a nesting ground as well, the missles are actually fighter eggs.
The fighters are feral shadow ships and once they reach a certain age (Scout) they get implanted with living being.
Could even have Heavy Fighters ( Mature fighters) about the same size as Whitestar fighter. This way you have a skirmish choice.

Target said:
Just had a thought. Maybe the Shadow Cloud is like a nesting ground as well, the missles are actually fighter eggs.
The fighters are feral shadow ships and once they reach a certain age (Scout) they get implanted with living being.
Could even have Heavy Fighters ( Mature fighters) about the same size as Whitestar fighter. This way you have a skirmish choice.

How about this, just paint a whitestar black...call it a shadow ship ;)

Target said:
Interesting idea!

prelude_to_war said:
Target said:
Interesting idea!

"Mommy, I want a Shadow ant farm too!"

Too many bad images of the Battlecrab (male) shooting the little clumps of tiny living ...

Yeah...

Moving on...

Ripple

Back