The great attack

Sado of the Long Knife said:
As a side note, it would make an interesting story to follow to introduce Vonatar (obviously the game would have to be set a little closer to the Kai Masacre) and start him off as a sympathetic character, an idealistic young wizard, who is gradually corrupted. Maybe starting off providing some inconsequential information for a bit of money, and slowly compromising more and more until he finds himself a tool of evil.

I don't think I've ever thought of him as anything but plain evil. I think a story like this could have potential.

Yes!
That's a very good "Anakin S." kind of idea! :wink:
I like those villains with such stories of corruption and Dark Side temptations...

Sado of the Long Knife said:
As a side note, it would make an interesting story to follow to introduce Vonatar (obviously the game would have to be set a little closer to the Kai Massacre) and start him off as a sympathetic character, an idealistic young wizard, who is gradually corrupted. Maybe starting off providing some inconsequential information for a bit of money, and slowly compromising more and more until he finds himself a tool of evil.

This gives me a somewhat parallel idea, but one just as evil.

What if one of the player characters is a Brotherhood mage, and, over the course of the game, THEY are slowly embittered by the Guild? Eventually, THEY are the ones who turn on Sommerlund, betraying the Kai and turning to the darkness... Vonotar who?

This sort of storyline would require a lot of cooperation from the Brotherhood player, but it could be VERY interesting (if you have an RPG group mature enough that they don't let IC feuds flow into OOC life, and if the Brotherhood player is willing to accept in advance that his PC will eventually have to die). Eventually, the PCs have to fight ONE OF THEIR OWN, which is always a potent plot device. Then again, I've always been a fan of pitting players against each other as long as everyone stays friendly.

This would probably work well if the Brotherhood player has read the books, but the other players are mostly ignorant of the source material. Coincidentally enough, this describes my usual RP group... ~rubs hands~

Back