The Darklands - I Have It

I would also be inclined to say that they can only be returned to Helgedad and that once this was toasted by Lone Wolf the Darklords could no longer be sent back. Just for consistency with the books.

My Darklands is currently shipping from Amazon.ca, so I should have it before the end of the week! I usually get the stuff the very next day they ship, so Thursday at the latest is when I expect it. :D

Amazon.uk have finally updated their site. It's now listed as 7-9 days.

If you are going to order any of the Lone Wolf RPG books from Amazon.com or Amazon.uk, try the link below. For every copy ordered, Projet Aon receives a small commission from Amazon to help cover the cost of publishing the books online.

http://www.projectaon.org/helpus.htm

GaryE said:
If you are going to order any of the Lone Wolf RPG books from Amazon.com or Amazon.uk, try the link below. For every copy ordered, Projet Aon receives a small commission from Amazon to help cover the cost of publishing the books online.

http://www.projectaon.org/helpus.htm

Too bad they haven't got such a deal with Amazon.ca also, as I'd gladly support them.

Daveyspawn said:
Does the book include the Elite cavalry class (forget name - something like Zogonazod) for the Drakkarim?

The Dark Warrior class can specialize in three areas of the Drakkarim army: archers, cavalry and infantry. At higher levels, the cavalry ride Kraan and Zlanbeast!

I finally got the book today, and it was well worth the wait. The only problem is the lack of a detailed Darklands map, although I suppose we can always refer to the one in the rulebook. A full-page, full-color map instead of one or both of the ad pages (inside front cover is a Signs and Portents ad, inside back cover is a Dragon and Dungeon magazines ad, both in full colour!) would have been awesome.

Finally!

I have got my copy of The Darklands. This is the last time that I get any RPG bool from my FLGS, aarrrggg.

Overall it is a fantastic book, disturbing, but fantastic. There are some really nice little touches in there. The Darklands effects on characters operating in there and especially the equipment section that include a good list of seige equipment that can be used by all nations.

But the lack of a map of the Darklands as already mentioned by some others is a real pain. Most of the areas you can work out from the map in Master Of Darkness that is available off of Project Aon. But a Darklands map would have tuned a Masterworked book into a sublime one. :wink:

Next time you do a regional sourcebook please loose the front cover advert and put in a colour map. This was one of the highlights of the game books and would make a huge improvement to an already good book.

Any chance of us getting an official map?

Failing that any one with a copy Campaign Cartographer, Eternal Knight Mate :wink: , would put together a map.

I haven't picked this up yet as I have been more busy with D&D these last few months, but since the release of Libris Mortis by WotC, I have a grand idea for a new homebrew campaign setting with the idea of Darklords behind much of the evil in the world. How much of the book is info and how much crunch usuable with D&D without much difficulty?

I picked mine up yesterday, I had read a friend's copy. My biggest issue with it is that it is all well and good to discuss the different provinces of the Darklands, but without a map to reference where they are in relation to each other, well, it just all gets lost.

WinterHawk said:
I picked mine up yesterday, I had read a friend's copy. My biggest issue with it is that it is all well and good to discuss the different provinces of the Darklands, but without a map to reference where they are in relation to each other, well, it just all gets lost.

I think this is the single recurring complaint of pretty much everyone who has the book. Hopefully Mongoose will have heard it and will avoid the same mistake in future products.

Mongoose August said:
Let's just say that, regarding the other four stones (and a fifth, which is only mentioned in passing but that I get to play with (hee, hee)), there's an S&P article coming soonish.

Your questions will be answered then.

-A

Any news on this S&P article or any other Lone Wolf S&P article that has been published?

Back