the announcement thoughts

zlatan

Mongoose
ive sat down nd took a breather and whoa battlefield evouloutin looks so cool im defo spending alot of money in tht when is it going to be out

I can't argue about a game of BF2 on the tabletop.
I would really like to see a few of the maps from the FPS, and some scenery for some of the hard core city battles, the nice spread of armor ( Armour), and the fun of doing a few of the truly epic battles that I've been part of in BF2.

SF? European Armies, and The Armored Assult game all can be a great enhancement. Would absolutly love to play a game, just to see what its about. ( Screw the wait, I want in on some of the pics, some rules previews, and a sample model or two, for some comparisons.)

I have enough SST stuff to set me for a while, I wouldn't really worry too much about it, unless I really have to. I don't see it as being screwed, just yet.
My only truly heartburn issue is my so called high speed LGS.
They absolutly hate SST, and the owner pretty much cut me off at the knees when I asked last week for a couple of boxes of exosuits.
If Mongoose can give me a deal, I'd even consider buying a couple of cases of the new games, as well as join the Demo program again.
Can anyone tell me if the program was fixed or not? I haven't been able to get an answer one way or another.

I just want the stats for the tanks, I can borrow some GW tanks and play with them till the real deal comes out. >:)

Nezeray
I have got to get around to putting the SICON flag on my Rhino. :)

zlatan said:
ive sat down nd took a breather and whoa battlefield evouloutin looks so cool im defo spending alot of money in tht when is it going to be out

January. Not that long,really. I'm looking foward to this game as I would love to game modern warfare but I'm not that interested in painting the minis. I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi painter.

Sgt. Brassones said:
January. Not that long,really. I'm looking foward to this game as I would love to game modern warfare but I'm not that interested in painting the minis. I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi painter.

I have just one worry. How on earth have they ensured USMC won't just run over everybody? Especially when it comes to vechiles.

Probably because USMC vehicles aren't all that great - by all accounts there are other main battle tanks, aircraft and combat vehicles which meet or exceed the performance of US military hardware.

I look forward to BF evolution, I like the idea of pre-painted models, and I don't think it's as sacriligeous as some people have been making it seem in the SST thread. All that worries me is having pre-painted and pre-assembled minis is going to lean towards rules that only cover what comes in the boxes. I hope that, for instance, you will still be able to give your individual troopers shocksticks, or 2 snipers and 1 javelin, changing the loadouts of your grizzlies and so on - rather than just being stuck with what is packaged in a box, and no options.

tneva82 said:
Sgt. Brassones said:

I have just one worry. How on earth have they ensured USMC won't just run over everybody? Especially when it comes to vechiles.

Simple - more points for better units, same as it's always been.

Lorcan Nagle said:

Poor non-USMC armies then who have to buy bucketload of models to match USMC armies who are dirt cheap in money then :-(

tneva82 said:
Lorcan Nagle said:

Poor non-USMC armies then who have to buy bucketload of models to match USMC armies who are dirt cheap in money then :-(

As the official old geezer at Mongoose i confess to not being able to get my head around the modern gaming mentality of comparing points to prices. having spent over £30,000 on miniatures in my lifetime i don't once recall not buying an army I wanted simply because a different one cost less in real terms.

Most of the initial armies in Batlefield Evolution are fairly balanced in terms of price/points ratio. Sure, the MEA are cheaper in terms of points per unit but for us playtesting that made them popular, not unpopular. Not only do these guys look really cool, but the satisfaction of having your fedayeen flatten a USMC combat team is just great.

We've spent literally ages developing this idea and assessing whwther this was the right time to make the move into pre-painted plastics, and as the resident cynic you can bet that if I'm pleased with how things are going then it will be good value.

Ted Chang even made Matthew put a Gurkha unit into the game! Seriously though, all these armies are going to be great value and they have all beaten each other in playtesting, so there will be no 'uber' army.

I like Gurkhas because they don't care about assaulting troops in cover. they just get the kukris out and clear house...as the resident EFTF player (or British, as I prefer to call them :wink: ) I never leave home without them. Also Ted threatend to visit me if i didn't...

Mongoose Old Bear said:
I like Gurkhas because they don't care about assaulting troops in cover. they just get the kukris out and clear house...as the resident EFTF player (or British, as I prefer to call them :wink: ) I never leave home without them. Also Ted threatend to visit me if i didn't...

Maybe you should paint 'Chang' on the base. No-one would dare shoot at that one. :)

Or better yet make a 'Gurkha Hero' figure that looks like Ted.

Greg Smith said:

OMG.

Mongoose staff conversions!

Greg, you've just hit on the Wargaming equivalent to the sliced bread idea.

Greg Smith said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:

Maybe you should paint 'Chang' on the base. No-one would dare shoot at that one. :)

We actually talked about this in a light-hearted moment. Maybe one day we'll produce an elite Mongoose Hall combat team set. :shock:

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Greg Smith said:

We actually talked about this in a light-hearted moment. Maybe one day we'll produce an elite Mongoose Hall combat team set. :shock:

Ted and Alex I'd want. Matthew and OB, I think not! :twisted:

Rules ideas:

Ted: Close combat bonus, obviously.
Alex: I think I'd give +1 to shooting.
OB: I think some tactical advantage bonus to whichever unit he commands would work well.
Matthew: Given the fact he always gets to make the announcements and take the flak, most likely some rule allowing him to throw himself in the line of fire and take a hit for the team...

mthomason said:
Rules ideas:

Alex: I think I'd give +1 to shooting.

He was a captain, remember. He'd have to have some sort of command bonus. Unless everyone at the office ignores what he tells them to do...

Greg Smith said:
He was a captain, remember. He'd have to have some sort of command bonus. Unless everyone at the office ignores what he tells them to do...

I thought they did just that and that's why he went to the US :)

Okay, Command Bonus to Alex. What do you want to give OB? (and please don't go making him cry again ;) )

Back