Supplement: Ship ideas wanted

Vorlon Inspector (Destroyer Variant)

Despite their conversion and command over the Dilgar - the Vorlons are a careful race, ever conscious of previous mistakes. The Inspector travels with the Dilgar fleet, watching and confirming that they are following the Instructions, that the Great Plan is proceeding as required. Its altered enhanced senses go beyond the material realm and even allow it to probe the very minds of the the Dilgar.

Speed: 8, Damage 40, Craft: none, Turns: 1/90, Hull: 5,
Special Rules: Adaptive Armour, Advanced Anti-fighter 2, Advanced Jump Engine, Flight Computer, Psychic Crew 4, Scout, Self Repair 1D6

Light Discharge Gun...........F..........12............4............Beam, Double Damage, Precise,

I love those two ships.
It makes great sense.

Also, anyone who wishes a copy of the history, can pm me, and i can mail them.

Lord David the Denied said:
Why is the Valerius' heavy ion cannon range slashed to 8"?

Perhaps they reversed engineered superior Narn technology and realised that shorter range secondaries are the weapons of the future??? ;)

Regards,

Dave

Foxmeister said:
Lord David the Denied said:
Why is the Valerius' heavy ion cannon range slashed to 8"?

Perhaps they reversed engineered superior Narn technology and realised that shorter range secondaries are the weapons of the future??? ;)

Regards,

Dave

nope typo :oops:

Don't know it depends on how much the Vorlons left of their personailites ?

Also IIRC they are not supposed to be intitially recognisible as Dilgar (or Vorlon) so they will be perhaps somehting entirely different in appearance - much like the Drakh ships look nothing like Shadows?

Perhaps they have upgraded the psychic potential to give the Psychic crew trait in a similar manner to Psi Corps (dooes that still exist?)

I would guess new ships but still using pentacons and large numbers of decent fighters together with the doctorine (they share with the Vorlons) of overwhelming force.

Perhaps the Vorlons discover that the initial attacks go well but the controlled Dilgar are unable to react well to suprises / counter attacks (like at the Centauri shipyards) and have to loosen their control - whihc of course could turn out badly for everyone............

(okay, Kickaha)

*A narn steps forward*
"My fellow Narns, the Kha'Ri has seen fit to unleash three new ships in our fight against hte centauri. We hope that these will help us break thet stalemate in our war."
Dar'Tar
Dag'Kar variant - Raid
THe flights of centauri and drazi fighters have taken a large toll on the NArn fleet. While Energy Mines were useful in eleimatiknating these gnats, the waste of using an energy mine to destroy a fighter became apparent. To this end, the pulsar mines were grafted onto a Dar'Kar ship, allowing it to handle multiple flights. the result was a ship able to swat down enemy flights before they could approach.

Speed: 5, Damage: 30 /6, Crew: 38/8, Craft: none
Turn: 1/ 45, Troops: 3, Hull: 4
Special Rules: none

ISD: 2256+
Advanced pulsar mine ......F.....30.........2........ E-mine

And the promised third ship. People migth hate me for htis, but....

G'Quan R -class REfit - BAttle
G'Quan VAriant
Cruiser.........................................................................................................Battle
Speed: 6..................Damage: 65/13..............Craft: 2 Frazi flights
Turn: 1/45................Crew: 80/19...................Special Rules: AF1, Jump Engine, Lumbering, Bulkheads 2
Hull: 6......................Troops: 6........................In Service: 2259+

Weapon.........................................Range.....Arc.....AD.......Special.......................................................
Heavy Laser Cannon.........................30.........B........5........Beam, Double Damage..............................
Energy Mine.......................................30.........F........6.......AP, Energy Mine, One Shot, Triple Damage
Medium Pulse Cannon.....................................10.........F......10.......
Medium Pulse Cannon.....................................10.........A.......10........
Medium Pulse Cannon.....................................10.........P.......10........
Medium Pulse Cannon.....................................10.........S.......10........

Bulkheads X: Ignore the first X critical hits that affect this ship.

Disclaimer: Used the base of the G'Quan that was provided by Jim?. This was taken without permission.

A couple of comments.

kitsune106 said:
Dar'Tar
Dag'Kar variant - Raid

Nothing wrong with this per se IMHO, but I can't really imagine ever taking one over a regular Dag'Kar. I can see what you are trying to achieve, but it's just too specialized IMHO.

kitsune106 said:
Ka'Lan Mag Destroyer
Ka'Toc variant - skirmish

Horrifically busted I'm afraid! The pulse cannons almost never get used anyway, and a 4 AD TB Mag Gun on a Skirmish level ship is just obscene!

Regards,

Dave

Foxmeister said:
A couple of comments.

Horrifically busted I'm afraid! The pulse cannons almost never get used anyway, and a 4 AD TB Mag Gun on a Skirmish level ship is just obscene!

So, how do I fix it then? if I may Ask?

As best, I'd say dropping the pulse cannons might give you one extra AD on the Mag gun, and even then I'm not certain that isn't too much on a Skirmish level ship.

Regards,

Dave

kitsune106 said:
What about that solar cannon on the sunhawk?

It's boresight and slow loading. Makes a big difference!

kitsune106 said:
is this better?

Ka'Lan Mag Destroyer
Ka'Toc variant - raid

By sacrificing the pulse cannons, and increasing the power to the mag gun, it was possible to make a truly wicked ship that excels at slicing apart enemy vessels. This ship, more than others, is meant to charge an enemy and slice it to pieces.

Speed: 10, Damage: 20 /5, Crew: 27/6, Craft: none
Turn: 1/ 45, Troops: 1, Hull: 5
Special Rules: none

Mag Gun ......F.....12........3........ Beam, TD

The trouble with this is that it compares very poorly with the White Star.

A Var'Nic variant with a 2AD Mag Gun might make a better starting point for a Raid level ship.

Something like:

Var'Lan Mag Destroyer
Var'Nic variant - raid

Speed: 9, Damage: 30 /8, Crew: 42/11, Craft: none
Turn: 2/ 45, Troops: 1, Hull: 6
Special Rules: Jump Engine

Mag Gun ......F.....18........2........ Beam, TD
Ion Torpedoes ......F.....30........2........ SAP, Precise
Light Ion Cannon ......F.....8........4........ TL
Light Ion Cannon ......A.....8........4........

Regards,

Dave

the ka'toc variant would be killed really quick as no one would like that ship firing.
for a mag gun variant check out my N'Toth:

N’Toth Light Command Cruiser................................Raid
Not every battle requires the presence of one of the Narn regimes mighty battle ships to lead it, so for smaller taskforces the N’Toth was designed. The main tasking of the N’Toth is a liaison C&C ship in joint operations between the ISA and the Narn Regime.

Speed: 8 Damage: 32/6 Craft: none
Turn: 2/45 Crew: 40/8 Special: Adv Jump Engine, Command +1
Hull: 6 Troops: 2 In Service: 2293+

Weapon Range Arc AD Special
Adv Mag Gun 25 F 2 B, TD
Hvy Pulse Cannon 12 F 6 TL
Pulse Cannon 10 A 6
Pulse Cannon 10 P 6
Pulse Cannon 10 S 6

this is from earth centauri war supplement and you will find a counter there. itsalso easy to make if you have 2 var'nic models

nice one. like it.

the problem with bumping hte variant up to raid, is that it's jstu a lesser white star, with not active defenses, and can't CBDs. that is why left is skimrish. basically a non-slow loading, non dodging sunhawk.

I thought it woudl be fair, but i guess it isn't, I think.

KAtadder, is the ka'toc raid variant, or even teh skimrish one with teh laser cannon dropped, and the mag gun reduced to 3 ad, and 10 inches, woudl it still be overpowered?

kitsune106 said:
nice one. like it.

the problem with bumping the variant up to raid, is that it's jstu a lesser white star, with not active defenses, and can't CBDs. that is why left is skimrish. basically a non-slow loading, non dodging sunhawk.
the last bit is why its too good at skirmish - it take away the worst bits and makes it much better.

it fire twice as often and in F arc so vastly more flexible, it can CBD until its in range 12.

sorry tend to agree with Fox on this one.........

Back