Supplement: Ship ideas wanted

Tolwyn

Mongoose
Hello,

Kitsune and myself are still working on our alternate universe supplement.

As the majority of the history is nearing completion we are turning now over to the fleet lists .

A survivour EA Fleet list is in the making, but we need ship designs and designs ideas for the other races and if you like for one of the smaller ones like the Koulani and Ch'Lonas.

Every idea and design is appreciated 8) :twisted:

The primary weapon of the Kor-Lyans in Babylon 5 Wars is a series of stationary weapon-bearing Captor Mines fired/launched by ships and controlled by them as independent stationary weapons platforms. This would be very hard to balance, but would be a fasinating fleet concept, either with dumb-fire mine rules or controlled-fire rules.

Design of such a fleet would be fascinating, especially if you introduced Mine Variants. Tactics against them would be even more intriguing. Extremely hard to balance, but the most unique tactical fleet concept I've seen for ACtA in a while.

captor mines, sounds like a good diea. maybe have a one shot move launcer mini fighter, with a stealth rating to show the small size, and powered down nature. Some sort of OS missile weapon, perhaps?> can see either hte new abbai who are retreating and setting up defenses, or maybe earth using it as well as that race. will need some background on that race though, to protray it accuretaly

okay. will feel free. although,

Major plot point:
EARTH WAS DESTROYED!!!!

The league built up, the Abbai withdrew to protect themselves.
Given that, and that the vorlons are outfitting the dilgar, yes, the dilgar,

What sort of ships can we see?

Oh yeah, and the shadows are giving aid to the league.

Centauri and Narn fought their War or Retribution, but without Shadow interferance it went down into a cold war after the destruction of the supply depot at Gorash 7. So There are still skirmishes alon the front, but Centauri and Narn are in no way to gain an upper hand over the over. Indeed the Centauro have started to make deals with the Drakh to get that edge and earned the Vorlons wrath.

The Minbari are a race shocked due to the events taking place. Indeed they suffered from Shadow attacks first, but the great war that should come didn't happen. Instead Vorlons and Shadows started to reset their game peaces by destroying planets of the others' supporters.

The League effectivly no longer exist as the Abbai gave up that idea after the Drazi-EA War.

It may be an idea to decide which ships have not been designed or built whether that be due to lack of co-operation between races (no Brivoki), lack of resources (EA ships like the Warlock) or different focus (Large scale Abbai Defense Monitors - perhaps automated).

I imagine that the Minabri fleet is pretty much the same but perhaps lacking the later designs?

However League fleets may be very different?

also gives people a chance to desing new ships for roles not filled - be interesting to see what could be thought up. It should show that any and all races can have ships in any role but they can still eb very different.

Yep, and that's one reason we asked here on the forums: to get many new and unseen ship ideas and designs

Not by now. We just want to collect ideas and design and will later sort out which to take 8)

But please no ships called Enterprise :wink:

I guest it there is a cold war between the Narn and Centauri than this probably a massive build up and military inovation on the part of the Narn and Centauri

Thats right Narn dreamers time to put out your ideas..lol (of course ill put some ideas for narn too :)

Loyal Officers of the Centauri Royal Navy, it time to put your ideas out there.
I know you got some nasy ideas DaBoss :)

Just another Question any Humans surrive? Did any of their ships Surrive?

have an idea for Abbai weapons.
first up:

Quad flak array

6 inch range, however many ad, whatever arc, weak and accurate traits.

next are emp torpedoes.

20 inch range, forward arc, say 4 ad, precis, ap.
They don;t deal crew damage, just normal damage. basically, it fries ship systems, but leaves the crew alone.

also had ideas for crit inflicting variants, an anti engine, and an anti weapon missile variant. both range 15. they inflict an automiatic crital on the weapon or engine crit table, on a successful hit. they can be repaired as normal and last the turn teh are inflicted on and the next turn.

kitsune106 said:
also had ideas for crit inflicting variants, an anti engine, and an anti weapon missile variant. both range 15. they inflict an automiatic crital on the weapon or engine crit table, on a successful hit. they can be repaired as normal and last the turn teh are inflicted on and the next turn.

Personally, I think this is a horrible idea! Crits are already too prevalent the game IMHO, and an auto-crit is just too much.

As a suggestion, I'd say make the weapons Precise, but if they score a crit they automatically score it in the Engines or Weapons table depending on the missile type.

Regards,

Dave

Valerius, Centauri Flagship of the 2nd "Glorious"Strike Fleet
Primus Variant - War
The Command ship of Admiral Kalus Durnado, the most successful surviving commander in the Centauri fleet. It was his ships that performed the vital counterstrike following the debarcle at Gorash. After taking heavy battle damage in the 4th battle of Nefus, Durnado and his ship were at the ? shipyards when the Dilgar struck. His leadership stopped the rout and whilst the shipyards burned around his ships he still managed to inflict heavy loses on the raiders. The Valerius has now been outfitted with the latest technology including advanced Gravitic engines which increase both the ships performance and the weight of firepower it can bear. With his surviving Son (his other two having been lost against the Narn and Dilgar respectivley) aboard, Kalus looks forward to the next engagement

Speed: 10, Damage: 52 /12, Crew: 75/16, Craft: 2 Rutarian Flights,
Turn: 1 45, Troops: 4, Hull: 6,
Special Rules: Anti-fighter 3, Command +2, Flight Computer, Interceptors 2, Jump Engine, Unique,
Advanced Battle Laser......F.....18.........6........Beam, Double Dam, Precise
Heavy Ion Cannon...........F......15..........10......AP, Double Dam, TL
Mass Driver.....................F.....10.........6........Mass-Driver, SL, SAP, TD
Ion Cannon.....................P.....12.........6........DD, TL
Ion Cannon.....................S.....12.........6........DD, TL,
Ion Cannon.....................A......12........4........DD, TL,

:)

Back