SST Markosia comic

MrCyNic said:
Just a quick heads-up. My first issue of Starship Troopers just got reviewed by Glenn Carter on Comics Village.

You can read what he has to say here.

Long story short: the issue is composed entirely of awesomeness. It's official :D

Congrats are in order :D. Now you "only" have the pressure upon you to keep up with your new high standards. :wink:

MrCyNic said:
BuShips said:
Congrats are in order :D. Now you "only" have the pressure upon you to keep up with your new high standards. :wink:

Thanks! :D

Speaking of pressure, another review popped up today, this time on the Whatever Comics website.

All in all, it's quite a surreal time to be me right now. :)

9's & 10's are about as good as it gets. So quick, have someone pinch you but just make sure that it''s not an Arachnid Warrior! :lol:

lt.harper said:
Congrajulations! :D

And i have read it, And i give it a 10 out of 10

Thanks, mate! :D

I'm really enjoying writing this book, and working in comics has been an ambition of mine for as long as I can remember. Hopefully, some of that shows through in the finished product.

lastbesthope said:
Got my issue #6 of the comic this weekend. Keep up the good work Cy.

LBH

Wait, what? You've got #6 already?

I've been looking over the lettered pages of #7 today. All I can say is, you ain't seen nothin' yet... ;)

Cy started into the SST comic at Issue #5 of an ongoing series, but started a brand new 'mini-arc' with that issue. Cy's second issue which is #6 in the ongoing series is the one I just picked up.

I'm wondering if the #7 Cy refers to is the one after the one I just bought or his 7th issue, which would be #11 in the ongoing series.

LBH
(Gone crosseyed)

lastbesthope said:
#6 yes, but your run started at #5, so it's only your second issue. So are you looking at your 3rd issue or your 7th?

LBH

Cool - I haven't even got my hands on #6 (my second issue) yet, so I'm impressed you've got it this early. I wasn't expecting it to be out until the end of the month. :)

I've been looking over the pages for issue #7 (Bad Blood part 3), which are absolutely gorgeous.

In terms of scripts, I'm working about 6 months in advance at the moment. After Bad Blood concludes with issue #8, there's going to be a two-part crossover story (co-written by me, Tony Lee and Christian Beranek), featuring the Vandals, Tanner's Tigers and an undisclosed third party. After that, my next full 4-issue arc begins. I've scripted the first three issues of that already (issues #11-#13).

MrCyNic said:
Cool - I haven't even got my hands on #6 (my second issue) yet, so I'm impressed you've got it this early. I wasn't expecting it to be out until the end of the month. :)

Nothing to do with me, it was in the shop, so I bought it :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Nothing to do with me, it was in the shop, so I bought it :lol:

LBH

Bizarre... :)

Anyway, I see the cover for issue #8 is up on a couple of sites, so here it is:

SST8cvr.jpg

Back