Ship Cards

Holden, just a tip, something I've done with my cards is try to squeeze the biggest thing I can in there. Look for the ship with the most fighters, the most special traits, the most weapons, the most crew, most damage...etc.
that way, you'll see how much room you need for each section and can plan the cards to be a uniform size.
They look awesome though!
Kudos for using Excel, thats what I do... :lol:

Chern

I have designed bigger ships just to ensure I have enough room. Oddly enough the cruisers seem to need the most room because they have so many different weapon systems.

All of the ship cards will be the same width but some of them may be longer. The aircraft carriers for example, will need lots of room for their aircraft.

They will be two per page.

All of the cards for the entire Japanese fleet are now available on my Files page

http://minigamer.bitterwise.com/?page_id=4

I'll be tackling the US fleet next.

If anyone has a copy of Illustrator CS2 or is interested in doing some data entry for the US fleet drop me a PM. Its a huge fleet so any help to get the cards out in a more timely manner would be appreciated.

My attempt at some ship cards

Many thanks to holden 88 for educating me in file conversion and web hosting :)

Renown-2.jpg

well, I've mailed a check for 4 of the recognition CDroms...should get the bulk of the US Navy, Royal Navy, Japanese and German fleets.

Chern

Chernobyl said:
yes exactly
but the only comprehensive sources for these I've found is the ONI manuals. I've found a site that has good size scans of them but they charge 15-30 bucks depending on the manual.

http://www.history-on-cdrom.com/home.htm

Chernobyl

those cdroms...top of the page :p

Chern

I've opened the VAS section of my website www.epicarmycard.com
I'll be putting up cards for ships in bits and pieces as time allows. I have the US battleships done, and a couple UK battleships done.

Chern

Chernobyl said:
I've opened the VAS section of my website www.epicarmycard.com
I'll be putting up cards for ships in bits and pieces as time allows. I have the US battleships done, and a couple UK battleships done.

Chern

So many cool choices...

Chernobyl said:
yeah, well, its getting there...

Chern

I just wanted to say thanks. I have used your ACTA sheets and will probably use your VaS sheets as well

Thanks to everyone who supports the hobby in this way. Some of us just arn't that good with computers. With both of these systems I believe that Mongoose dropped the ball by not having ship cards. Not only do they speed up play but they help with learning the rules and make it much easier to teach others the rules. When Mongoose got their material from AOG they had the idea from Gropos. Packs of fleet cards by Nation are needed. IMHO

If mongoose decided to print these cards by nationality for each ship in full color and a decent size, they could make some money if sold at the reatilers. It would make things so much easier and look very proffesional. :lol: :roll: :shock:

bsantucci said:
If mongoose decided to print these cards by nationality for each ship in full color and a decent size, they could make some money if sold at the reatilers. It would make things so much easier and look very proffesional. :lol: :roll: :shock:
I agree, assuming they didn't have typos ;)

what typos? :?: :!: :?:
I can't have screwed something up already! bear in mind I'm working from the PDF not the book...!

Chern

Chernobyl said:
what typos? :?: :!: :?:
I can't have screwed something up already! bear in mind I'm working from the PDF not the book...!

Chern
Nooo, I meant the typos which are present in all Mongoose products ;)
They are all corrected in the PDF version, though, which is excellent!

time to resurrect an old thread, for July I'm going to focus on VAS cards again. I put up the first sheet of Kriegsmarine tonight, the Bismark and Scharnhorst classes.

enjoy folks!

Chernobyl

Back