Ship Cards

pixelgeek said:
TabletopWarrior said:
The only thing that could improve them for me, would be to move the red shaded boxes to the other end of the damage track. It is a minor thing, but I would rather mark off damage from right to left.

Anyone else have a comment on that?

Thanks for your effort! Is InDesign making this project any easier? I certainly hope so!

It would but I can generate pages from InDesign that contain multiple cards so it would be a PITA to print them out.

I have tried to simplify the layout in Illustrator to make it easier to edit cards

I've found its simplest from a design standpoint to have the boxes of the same color always start in the same place - thats why I have my ACTA card damage tracks arranged that way.

pixelgeek said:
If anyone has a second I posted a PDF of the Japanese Patrol priority vessels and ships

http://minigamer.bitterwise.com/?p=5

The format for the check boxes is going to change. The colours won't but they will probably be a bit more uniform in the future.

Very impressive, feel free to make the others available, I love them

K

My suggestion would be to try and get all the useful "in game" information on one side of the card and then the extra fluff on the back.

Thus things like the service dates, crew count and priority level can go on the back while the weapons and stats go on the front.

Basically I'd be trying to keep the front of the card as small as possible and minimise the need to flip it in game to look something up.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that maybe the picture lives on the back as well.

Actually this is of course presuming that you're intending the cards to be folded back on themselves, which you might very well not be.....

Oly said:
My suggestion would be to try and get all the useful "in game" information on one side of the card and then the extra fluff on the back.

I don't think it will fit. An average ship with turrets, 2nd weapons, AA, and torpedos is going to take up most of the side of a card for just weapon data.

Losing the pictures might be an idea

Does anyone care about pictures?

Also the cards are intended to be folded but there isn't any reason why you can't keep them unfolded.

Soulmage said:
IMO, red boxes should be at the right hand side of the damage track. . .

The red boxes are going to be at the end of the series of boxes in the direction that you check them off. So once you start checking off red boxes you know that you're at a skeleton crew etc

The issue is whether the boxes are checked left to right or right to left

pixelgeek said:
If anyone has a second I posted a PDF of the Japanese Patrol priority vessels and ships

http://minigamer.bitterwise.com/?p=5

The format for the check boxes is going to change. The colours won't but they will probably be a bit more uniform in the future.

I like those a lot, but I'd also go for putting the Crippled/Skeleton Crew red boxes on the right side of the track instead.

Gamers are so easily confused.... :roll: :lol:

I like the pictures. I like the little bit of extra background info. It doesn't take up much room. I like the color. I like the type face and weight. I like the layout.

I like the cards exactly as they are, except I would move the red boxes to the right side of the damage track.

TW

I'm experimenting with a different layout than the two sided acta cards, let me know what you think...

Iowatest.png

sorry for the big image...
the idea behind the cards is that the image will be in scale for every ship. If you put two cards side by side the ships are scale to each other.

Chern

True. The Aussie fleet between 1939 and 1945 had a total of 109 ships.

3 Heavy Cruisers
4 Light Cruisers
19 Destroyers
11 Frigates
4 Sloops
55 Corvettes
2 Subs
11 Other - Oilers, Armed Merchants, Troop landing, Mine Layers

Cheers

Paul

Chernobyl said:
OK, here's a draft of what a sheet of ships might look like.

click here

Chernobyl

I like them a lot, especially the sillouette of the ship.

They are too small for my liking, I would prefer to see two sheeps to a page max!

Roland

Back