Shield Hit Markers

I made these for NA, but I suppose you might use them in SF too. I hosted them on my blog: http://www.alaskavalleygamersclub.blogspot.com/2013/02/shield-hit-markers-for-starship.html

shield+hits.gif

I plan on making a jump gate later with what I learned, I'll post it here if I get around to it. Use this stuff freely! Print it on card and cut them out, place them by ships that sustain hits to their shields during a turn so you can remember what ships had their shields knocked out. Comments and criticisms welcome!

SF doesn't have anything for shields being knocked offline, unless the shield system takes a bunch of points of critical damage, in which case it's permanent. There's no "EMP" style weapons.

Those look pretty spiffy, though!

I guess "knocked out" was a poor choice of words on my part. In NA, ships can only take a number of hits on their shields equal to their shield rating before taking hits to the hull. In my group, we call it "knocking out the shields" when a ship has sustained it's maximum number of shield hits in a turn, because they can not deflect any more shots that turn.

These markers can help you remember how many hits a ship's shields have sustained during the current turn. Place a marker next to the ship every time it sustains a hit to the shields. It makes a great visual reference as well as spruces up the playing board. I have little blast markers from Battlefleet Gothic that I use to represent damaging hull hits, which further add to the flavor. It is hard to use them in tight formations, however.

Back