Seduction

I've been known to run a pretty graphic game. It's not everyone's taste, I know. But, I like it, and my players like it. We like the "realness" it brings to the game. I don't do it all the time, because I want to keep the shock factor in the game when I do use it. I've had nasty rapes, necrophilia, grisly murders...all types of stuff in previous games.

I've got a little situation in my current Conan game, though, that I just don't want to role play out. It feels a bit "weird". I still want to have the encounter, but I think I'll "sterlize" it a bit by dicing it out instead of roleplaying. Roleplaying it would give me the heebie jeebies, and I don't want to feel that.

Situation: There's an NPC who may have a crush on one of the PCs. The NPC is twelve years old to the PC being 13, but these are Cimmerians. And, Cimmerians look at sex much differently than we puritanical Americans.

What I'm going to do is random roll her reaction to the PC, and skew it a tad to her being attracted to the PC. The PC, Thrallan, has just done something major, in our game, on his journey to manhood, and it stands to reason that, at 13 years old, he's starting to get some attention from the opposite sex for the first time in his life.

She may try to seduce him, or he may try to seduce her. Either way, I'm wondering how, if you've ever, handled this in your games before (if not Conan, maybe you ran a d20 Spycraft game where sleeping with the enemy to get information is sometimes a major goal).

What I'm thinking of doing is making it a Diplomacy check vs. either a DC for the girl, or opposed with Sense Motive.

Bluff comes to mind, too.

Let the dice decide to see how far these two pre-teens go.

Thoughts on how to handle this mechanically? (Please don't chime in about what a creep I am having this in my game...I'm just looking to talk about the mechanics of the situation.)

EDIT: The old James Bond game comes to mind, too. I could copy it. It was something like a four or five step system where, each step, the PC made a check, that got progressively harder. And, if the PC made it through all the checks, he successfully "slept" with the NPC.

It worked quite well in games.

I may develop something like that with DCs for each step: The Look - Witty Conversation - (some steps I forgot and have to look up) ending with When & Where?

When I GM a similar situation I usually start with roleplaying dialogue and then if its clear the direction the pc or npc is taking, I move to chr checks and so on. Possibly of time with appropriate bonuses. Lol never however is anything roleplayed once it's inevitable wheres it's leading.

EXAMPLE:

GM: so as you're meeting ends, it's clearly in the bag if you choose to bed her.
PLAYER: then i do

AND CUT!

I like to think that seduction have something to do whit diplomacy. In both you need to pick the right words, very carefully, time your lines right, know when to listen and when to speak... so I normally use diplomacy for a seduction roll, but you can add some bonus due to the looks, fame, wealth...

any modifiers for looted bossonian whiskey?
Reputation modifier should be good enough to get him laid w/o too much of a diplomacy check. The popular guy in highschool is usually never hard up for p#$$y.

I have including stuff like this in most games. Romance and sex that is. Others have offered good suggestions how to handle it mechanically already.

On the non mechanical aspect the way i suggest handling it is do as much as you can between game sessions. I say this for a couple of reasons.
1) it is often more comfortable for most people to not have a audience.
2) it saves time at the table where the rest of the players might be bored.

Dark Mistress said:
1) it is often more comfortable for most people to not have a audience.
2) it saves time at the table where the rest of the players might be bored.

That's good advice, Dark Mistress. It doesn't apply in my case, though, as I'm prepping a game--and I'm not exactly sure where the PC will take it. I'm trying to cover all bases and be prepared as much as I can.

i think romance is harder to handle than just sex. to GM sex, you basically can just say, "so you're trying to bed her? ok roll this . . . . roll that . . . . ok you do. roll fortitude save to see if you did ok . . . . ok you were terrible." and then move on. romance requires dialogue and multiple meetings to get it going and this can get weird and awkward lol.
-i just realized how much this can be equated to real life as well. wow-

Back