Scratchbuilt ships

H

Cosmic Mongoose
Having seen Cherns excelent Nike class ship, which i believe people may be using for the Nemesis, I was wondering if anyone else has built anything? I'm planning a G'Vrahn of my own, bought the plasticard, just not actually built it yet. But their are a lot of us, and some people on this board are damned talented, someone must have done something?

do i, oh darn, my bad, sorry chap, had just mailed chern about his ship sheets hence my badness, don't hate me :)

Was trying to do something with a Brivioki, but still in the desing stages.

Course now that I've seen Arm. ... well the motivation just isn't as strong.

Ripple

Ripple said:
Was trying to do something with a Brivioki, but still in the desing stages.

Course now that I've seen Arm. ... well the motivation just isn't as strong.

Ripple

I'd quite like to see a Brivoki, who knows, if it's good enough, you could do a small run of ships like prelude.

yeah, that ship was all Prelude...though several of us offered feedback when he asked! He did an excellent job re-creating the 3Dmodel. I'm hoping to see it in S&P soon...

Chern

i´m currently working on scratchbuilding defense satelites; first for Drazi, Brakiri, EA and Vree. The Drazi is about 85% finished, the Brakiri about 50%, and the others I have just started with. I also plan to make moulds for them, so I don´t have to scratch-build 5 of each fo my games! :wink:

I might post some photos once I have cast a few satelites...

hiffano said:
do i, oh darn, my bad, sorry chap, had just mailed chern about his ship sheets hence my badness, don't hate me :)
No problemo. I'd love to see other scratch-built projects, both models and in S&P :wink:

MustEatBrains, I look forward to your defense satellites! Any chance you'd offer them up for sale?

prelude_to_war said:
MustEatBrains, I look forward to your defense satellites! Any chance you'd offer them up for sale?

Well, might want to wait how good they come out! Maybe I´ll post a pic of the WIP Drazi satellite on the weekend, though...

Now, should I be content with the quality, and should there be enough interest from you guys, I might try to figure out a way to offer them to you, and then there should be no problem to use pictures of them on Chern´s page! :D

Maybe I´m being a little over cautious here, but I hate giving promises I can´t keep...

hiffano said:
Having seen Cherns excelent Nike class ship, which i believe people may be using for the Nemesis, I was wondering if anyone else has built anything? I'm planning a G'Vrahn of my own, bought the plasticard, just not actually built it yet. But their are a lot of us, and some people on this board are damned talented, someone must have done something?

I've posted all these FA Scale versions before but:

My version of the Adira

Adira2.jpg

A Re-envisioned Liati (now 90% less Phallic)

Alt_Liati2.jpg

Scratch built Marathons

Marathons.jpg

A Re-envisioned Marathon

Alt_Marathon5.jpg

A Kitbashed Nemesis

Nemesis_Comparison.jpg

FA Scale Victory conversion

victory.jpg

Recently, I have tried two different versions of an FA scale Hermes and have been unhappy with both attempts. I tried converting an FA Scale G'Quon to make a G'Vrahn, but it just looked awful. I am going to try it with Plasticard as well. I converted a Bin Tak into a Ka Bin'Tak, but it just looks too similar so I am going to try it differently as well.

I hope this is what you were looking for, as I am interested to see what others are trying as well. I have nothing against the ACTA scale, I just have too much already invested in FA scale. It is also giving me a chance to create my own version of some of the flatter new designs. (i.e. Brivoki, Neroon, Fireraptor, etc.) That said, now that I have the stats for these ships, my interest making them is becoming more academic.

Continuing with the above ideas. What are everyone's thoughts about what you like to see with the new ships? I like Brivoki poll, because people are actually saying what they want rather than complaining about what they don't want. With that, here are my thoughts:

G'Vrahn: The current model looks like the children's toy version of the G'Quan. It lacks the organic flow of the AoG designs. Further it is too stocky to match up with the other Narn ships. (Length to width ratio is too low.) The key pieces are the increased engine and the split hull. I think it should be longer and more sleek. Perhaps something like an enhanced symmetrical Var 'Nic:

Alt_Gvrahn.JPG

Neroon: The shape seems off. Wolf Shipayards has a conversion called the 'Velrian" which seems closer to what I would like to see.:

http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Drawings/Minbari/Velarian.gif

to must eat brains:

you are scratchbuild ships, too???

i build some minbari ships and many more.
here are some of my projects:
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/urobach81/Scratchbuild Ships/

i hope you are successfull with your work on the satellites...especially with the EA Sats.
post some pics when your are done :wink:

and apachex:
Neroon: The shape seems off. Wolf Shipayards has a conversion called the 'Velrian" which seems closer to what I would like to see.:

here are my versions of the neroon
minbaribattlecruiser.jpg
sharlin1640.jpg

urobach81 said:
to must eat brains:

you are scratchbuild ships, too???

i build some minbari ships and many more.
here are some of my projects:
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/urobach81/Scratchbuild Ships/

i hope you are successfull with your work on the satellites...especially with the EA Sats.
post some pics when your are done :wink:

I know your ships - actually, I have put a link to your work into a Links-thread in our club homepage! :) No, I haven´t done a ship yet; I´ll concentrate on the satellites for now. Looking at your scratch-builds, maybe you should try to make some moulds for them yourself; I´m sure that you would find people interested in some of your work!

Ohhh. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I did not know that at all. To know well.

The idea with the molds is really good, the plan I already repeatedly had.
I have of it unfortunately no notion as one best to only manufacture can. :?

or german: Ich habe leider noch keine Ahnung wie man das mit den Gußformen am besten anstellt. Da muss ich mich mal noch schlau machen. :wink:

Back