Really, really In Medias Res

DrSkull

Mongoose
Okay, I tried to really take the In Medias Res to the highest this week.

The game began with all the players' horses and slaves killed, and each one of them having suffered 4-8 points of damage and with the fight already begun. I didn't explain why they were fighting the guys they were fighting the guys they were fighting until the battle was over.

I liked it.

DrSkull said:
Okay, I tried to really take the In Medias Res to the highest this week.
And on the subject of monkeys, were you able to keep them completely out of the session? Perhaps you introduced the characters to King Louie, a brutish savage with a penchant for bananas, wanting to learn how to make fire? :wink:

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Honestly the group as a whole is not really in on the entire monkey joke. However, that said, the good Doctor managed to stay away from monkeys or monkey themes the entire time.

Of course, he could now be on a snake kick. We must have fought a metric crapload of snake-beings at the end there.

Heh. Forget monkeys, I'd be worried about meeting the K'kree with Dr S. in charge.... :)

Now there is an interesting cross-over.... :wink:

(Hi Dr S!)

Shane

Yep, Monkey free, and completly in the dark. My poor horse Faran died!!! Although there was one part where I thought I caught the hint of monkey crap and bananas! 8)

Wyerdo, it was a whole lot more the a metric butt load. All I can say is

Grab, twist, throw...repeat lol

Dragonspire said:
Yep, Monkey free, and completly in the dark. My poor horse Faran died!!! Although there was one part where I thought I caught the hint of monkey crap and bananas! 8)
Was your horse's name really Faran? Do we have another Swede on these boards? I killed off another Faran a few months back, when our D&D party's paladin insisted on bringing his horse with him into an Ettin nest... :roll:

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Hi - I play Conrad the Hyperborian Soldier - Whiff-meister extraordinaire. I've been around these boards for a while now. But never took the time to post anything.

The only reference to Monkey-ness was a joke about how there was no Monkey references.

Although the "Fire won't burn there.. no fire at all" phase will probably never be able to be used again as it's impact has been throughly worn down to a nub.

Maybe next adventure we'll all get the chance to relentlessly bite the heads of cheap looking vulture puppets. Arrrrarrrarrrrah!!!

conan-18.jpg

Conrad_Joe said:
Maybe next adventure we'll all get the chance to relentlessly bite the heads of cheap looking vulture puppets. Arrrrarrrarrrrah!!!

A puppet? Bah! Arnie bit into a real fake looking ex-vulture. Why can't the rest of us do the same?

Oh right...disease...nevermind...

Back