Questions re Grenades

The Old Soldier said:
FYI: Grenades do not bounce. :lol:

Huh? I am fairly sure any soild object that isn't coated in some form of contact glue will bounce (unless it has a trigger that will set it off as soon as it contacts something), it won't have the spring of a tenis ball certainly but if you chuck it at a wall it must rebound....

Too heavy, too hard to bounce. Unless your throwing them on concrete and even then the best you will get is a skipping effect. Don't let the movies fool you.

BuShips said:
dyssnowman, I think that you would agree that it's about time for an FAQ/errata for the game, based upon the very few rules issues that have been discussed here. I'm hoping that MGP has someone studying the relevant Rulesmasters questions and comments from the general discussions here and on evocommand.com.

It would be nice, but til then all we can do is argue. :wink: :lol:

BuShips said:
The BFE community does seem to be giving the game a good workout. With just a few exceptions the rules do look very solid. The grenade determination could end up going either way, as the 3" range difference is half the radius of a normal FZ. I can live with it either way, actually. :D

It is kind of a pleasant surprise. With a new game, it seems like there are usually glaring loopholes all over the place, but it seems like Mongoose has cover most of them. As for the grenade thing, it really doesn't matter to me either; all I was trying to do was go by a strictly literal interpretation of the rules as they presented them. Probably means that I have too much spare time on my hands. :roll: :lol:

Oh come ON now. Why don't the both of you grow a spine!

Heh, heh. J/k. I'm in for either method, as long as it is set in ink/pixels somewhere. :D

Back