Questions for Mongoose

Where's the best place to report errors? Specifically, High And Dry in Marches Adventures 1-5. Nothing major but I assume you'd still want to know and I figure I may as well report them as I run through the book (which btw is an improvement over the previous version).

I was curious why the Mongoose website doesn't provide links to its own products that are for sale on Fantasy Grounds?

A few reasons for the question;
1. There seems to be a lack of consumer awareness that there is officially licensed Mongoose Traveller content available on a VTT. The catalog is enormous.
2. Since you own the content and make money from the sales, wouldn't you want to market it on your website to generate more business?
3. The gentleman that does the work does so at the behest of Mongoose, under commission. I'm sure he'd appreciate the support.
4. Not really a good reason, but other major publishers provide links to their own products on Fantasy Grounds as well. This includes WotC, Paizo, Chaosium, Modiphius, Free League..

Our whole approach to VTTs in general is under review right now, and we should be able to improve support across the board a little later this year.

Hope that helps!

Our whole approach to VTTs in general is under review right now, and we should be able to improve support across the board a little later this year.

Hope that helps!
I like what the folks at Kobold Press are doing. If you purchase the VTT module from them directly (FGU and others), they offer a half price PDF file. I really enjoy the opportunity to read the entire module in an easier to digest format than the FGU module.
I'm thankful that @Greg Rex and the crew at Fantasy Grounds Academy are producing instructional content to help those of us trying to learn how to DM online.

I think its more fair to say they didn't think it relevant to the player experience. The vast majority of that trade will never go anywhere near a player character group. Independent tramp traders get the scraps of the scraps.

But do keep in mind that Latvia by itself is a Pop 6 world, as well.

Is there any update on the revised TAS and OGL as it relates to Mongoose Publishing? I have recently decided to enter that fray, and I am withholding any publishing until I have a better idea of what is coming.
Also, is there a link to the process for submitting an unsolicited JTAS article?

Not sure if this link works en masse, it's a news article from the Washington Post about fonts. Since you publish physical books I would guess that you actually take this into consideration, along with artwork and layout. My parents and several of my relatives published local newspapers and books, hence my interest in "fontology?".

BTW, received the Robot Handbook and The Glorious Empire. What's the drop date on The Trailing Frontier? I, like many, can wait a little longer for additional editorial corrections.

Washington Post: What's the Best Font June 26, 2023

I couldn't send this as a PM, so I'm posting it here.

I am awaiting this book with bated breath, seriously.

Before you go to print, I spotted something in one of the preview pics you posted to Facebook.

Microspy: "it is very expense for its size ..."
Remote Environment Sentinel: "... and able to recharges batteries in even dim lighting ..."

Two tiny typos, but I hope I caught them before the book launch.

So looking forward to the WBH. Good luck.

I was wondering if you could add a feature to the website that, by game system, lists the items that HAVE NOT been purchased.
My collection is getting large but new items are coming out all the time. Combine that with my drivethru purchases, it is very easy to miss something.
As you know what we have bought, and you know what is available for sale, it should be easy to produce a list of items that we may be interested in.

Best regards
Dalton

I was wondering if you could add a feature to the website that, by game system, lists the items that HAVE NOT been purchased.
My collection is getting large but new items are coming out all the time. Combine that with my drivethru purchases, it is very easy to miss something.
As you know what we have bought, and you know what is available for sale, it should be easy to produce a list of items that we may be interested in.
I follow the Mongoose Forums and take notes. I use a combination of notes in a spreadsheet and notes in a document (both being LibreOffice). Not a perfect solution - I feel your pain...

I follow the Mongoose Forums and take notes. I use a combination of notes in a spreadsheet and notes in a document (both being LibreOffice). Not a perfect solution - I feel your pain...
yea, I wonder how many customers just don't bother and go elsewhere. It would just be a query against the "for sale" table and the "available for download" table for the customer. Should be pretty simple.

Back