Play by post Traveller

barnest2

Mongoose
So there are three collapsed Play by post traveller games down the bottom of the forum which have collapsed quite quietly. All three of them have gone through a variety of owners (including me once on two of them) and I'd love to see them working again.
Anyway, being that sections admin I could quiet easily reorganise them for new players and even new GM's.

So there are three games, each with a distinct style:
1) Damage, Incoprorated: A mercenary game. The players were running a multi-arm mercenary company that was going into its first mission. Things went a bit haywire and we all lost track. I'd love to see this one restarted, and I'd even be happy to run it.
2) A Long Way From Home: High Guard. The players were the officers and crew of a multi kilo-tonne warship going on a variety of zany adventures. Very exciting. Things went a bit haywire and we all lost track. I'd love to see this one restarted, and I'd even be happy to run it.
3) The Traders of Gath XII: My Pride and Joy, a somewhat long running merchants campaign. Standard Traveller fare with adventure and trading. Things went a bit haywire and I lost track. I'd love to see this one restarted, and I'd be very happy to run it.

Anyone who is interested either in playing or GM'ing (or indeed returning to games they once played in) please post below which game you would be interested in playing. I'd love to see some traveller fare on these forums...

I can't say my experiences with PBP/PBEM games have been that great in the past (slow, people losing interest and dropping out), but I guess I'm game for giving it another shot. From the descriptions you gave (I haven't dug out the threads to read their histories), I have the most interest in #3. The other two are about even with #1 slightly edging out #2 for my second choice, but I'd be up for any of the three.

I might be tempted to get involved again, option two being an obvious choice for me, though option one could also be interesting.

I'm interested in all three, with the merc and merchant campaigns being my preference.

I'd love to run a campaign, troupe style, utilizing some of the mini games in Merchant Prince, Mercenary, Dynasty or even the old High Guard and Pocket Empires.

barnest2 as GM? I'll be a player, seems 1 & 3 have the most votes, both sound fun to me, but merc's sound about right for learning combat but then again merchant you can get combat aaand merchant rules.... if someone has a solid objection to one or the other, they should speak out about it.

So lets see... Dragoner, Fersboo, nDervish, you're all up for a merchant campaign? Do you all want me as GM?
Old Timer, would a merchant campaign interest you at all?

Hiya Barnest,

I would really like to get back into any of the three of them. The Merc one was real crunchy and outside my comfort zone but fun. But I must admit I miss the uptight ethically challenged merchant I was playing.

Lou

At the moment, a merchant campaign is of the least interest to me as i am already involved in a game in this style, so i will pass on this one.

barnest2 said:
So lets see... Dragoner, Fersboo, nDervish, you're all up for a merchant campaign? Do you all want me as GM?

I vote for you as GM on the basis that it was your idea. :D

barnest2 said:
Old Timer, would a merchant campaign interest you at all?

Please do.

So, Players: Leitz, Dragoner, Fersboo, nDervish, Burocrate, you're all in :D

Buro, do you want to run beshiir? Or a new character?

All you other guys, chargen is standard rolled characters, max five terms (though many go lower), maximum 5000cr spending money on equipment, which can include augments, max tl12 gear.
Career types whatever the hell you want.

Characters should be posted in the active character thread once you have run them past me (pm or here). heck that thread for layout ideas.

My character will stay on at least to begin with, though may be something of a silent partner if things go well :D

I have a Free Trader Astrogator/Pilot/Engineer Domici merchant in progress. He was injured in year 9, not sure if he can go into another career after that. Also, do you have homeworlds or should I just generate one? As a merchant he could be from anywhere.

Thanks!

Leitz

barnest2 said:
maximum 5000cr spending money on equipment, which can include augments,

I don't quite follow that... Is that max 5kCr left over, max 5kCr spent (are there augments that cheap?), or something else?

barnest2 said:
Career types whatever the hell you want.

Mongoose books only or are the Spica career books also kosher? (Not that I have anything specific in mind, just establishing how many possibilities I should be taking into consideration.)

barnest2 said:
Check the pbp threads, there is a list of worlds :D

Also, year 9? Surely you mean term 3?

I will have to go back and look; I thought you rolled for survival, events, and skills each year, and advancement each term. Am I mixing books 4-7 and Mongoose? Let me know and I can backtrack; I have the worksheet for when he was made up.

Do you have any issues with him being a Domici? What it means in game terms is very little. He is obligated to assist another Domici if possible and can sometimes ask family members for help. For you it provides leverage to send him wherever.

Leitz

You can spend a maximum of 5000 credits on equipment, not counting benefits (which you don't pay for anyway). There are aug's that cheap, but they're not very good. Keeps them rare :p

I've not got any Spica books, but I'll allow them :) I'm sure those guys have their balance right...

Mongoose is every 4 years instead of every year. I think there's a mix up.

What's a Domici? I doubt I'll have a problem with it, but I'd like to know...

barnest2 said:
Mongoose is every 4 years instead of every year. I think there's a mix up.

What's a Domici? I doubt I'll have a problem with it, but I'd like to know...

Domici link Basically a spread out interstellar "family". Think of other large pseudo Italian families that are spread out. :)

I'll go back and fix things. That will make him older as the failed Survival roll came much later that he would have normally been in.

Thanks!

Leitz

Back