Other Periods

Well, you can count Starship troopers as another period. :p

But yeah, there's an in house conversion to WW2 going on at Mongoose. No idea whether it'll be a full release. I think at most we'll see a rulebook.

Several here have talked about a Vietnam Evolution.

Not sure what else.

the rules cover walking, shooting and hitting the dirt when you're shot at. Those are pretty universal things, so I think it'd be applicable pretty widely.

The further you go back (past say, 1980ies or so) the more things change, of course, due to a lack of easy communication, changes in doctrine, thinking and of course firepower

But, you still need stats for vehicles and such, plus special rules for 'flavor'. These rules seem good for anything set from the Spanish Civil War to the Near future. In other words, from 1930 onward.

How about a .PDF only Victorian sci-fi? Or French and Indian War? Or a 12 page conversion for Rorke's Drift? A what-if 1980s cold war gone hot? Of course there's always the Zombaclypse (chill).

[wry] TOS, why stop with the Spanish Civil War? MGP could liscense the Geico neandertals and make official 28mm models and offer "specials" with Ringo Starr and Raquel Welsh and... [/wry] Yeah, I know they each were in different movies, but hey it's a theme, you know? :lol: Tagline from Caveman was "Back when you had to beat it before you could eat it... " :wink:. Another game company has "American Megafauna", so...
Come to think of it, it would drag up the whole "Evo" thing again, lol.

Seriously (finally, sheesh), I think WW2 would be a real boon, as it isn't the same as FOW (never played it). 28mm over 15mm scale is more of a skirmish level, anyway. Besides, MGP would make a killing off of the sale of M4 Sherman models. You had to have five of them for every Tiger, so that equals model sales. :shock:

Hmmmm, I have three Gorgi Tigers and five Shermans. That means I need to buy ten more Shermans. Damn! I was hoping to buy some Warmachine figs this week...

I've found myself wanting to do a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modification for BF:Ev...

Russian Army Units
Loner Units
Freedom Units
Monolith Cadres
Duty Units
Mecenaries

Just seem to me since the rules centre around suppression and fire teams, that it dovetails well with any historical time period from the 1930 onward. I started with the Spanish Civil War, because modern tactics used in WW2 were developed on the SCW battlefields.

Early times just do not fit well with fireteams.

That depends...if you're using the Chinese repeating crossbows... Then there's regular bows where a trained archer can fire fairly rapidly....

Back