[OT] GET READY TO MATCH THE STARS with IRON_CHEF!

Iron_Chef

Mongoose
I am Iron_Chef. I love spaghetti, female contestants and the _____ RPG.

GeneRayburn25.jpg

Fill in the BLANK and win a fabulous No-Prize!

Which "Match Game" panelist are you? Find out here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/matchgame/

Yuan-Ti said:
That's gotta be me -- "I said -- w00t!!!"

Congratulations! You've won a handsome jpeg of American Tourister luggage (slightly used by our furry friend in the cage). Thanks for playing!

36.jpg

Yuan-Ti said:
Lee Scolin said:
oops, sorry, wrong forum.

:walks away looking confused:

:roll: Kids, these days. No respect for their elders. Or their elders' game shows...

Kids! I'll kids ya! 31 year old father thank you very much! :wink:

Although I have to say I don't for one second recognise the game show.

Lee Scolin said:
Yuan-Ti said:
Lee Scolin said:
oops, sorry, wrong forum.

:walks away looking confused:

:roll: Kids, these days. No respect for their elders. Or their elders' game shows...

Kids? You want kids? Take a look at my twin sons! They're so much alike, they both share the same ________!

GeneRayburn1.jpg

Lee Scolin said:
Yuan-Ti said:
Lee Scolin said:

Thanks for asking! The show is MATCH GAME (and MATCH GAME PM). The greatest game show(s) ever! It ran on CBS forever.

GeneRayburn13.jpg

Gene Rayburn hosted and ran the "loony bin" of six celebrity panelists (three regulars: Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Richard Dawson, and three rotating guests, including many semi-regulars like Betty White and Fannie Flagg).

BrettSomers6.jpg

Brett Somers

CNR7.jpg

Charles Nelson Reilly

RD6.jpg

Richard Dawson

BettyWhite14.jpg

Betty White (enjoying her favorite "Iron_Chef" spaghetti)

FannieFlagg9.jpg

Fannie Flagg

There was also a "dummy spot" on the bottom left of the celebrity tiers where a real idiot would always sit giving rotten answer after rotten answer until booted off the show in favor of a new dummy.

LouisaMoritz1.jpg

Louisa Moritz, a "real dummy" as far as her answers were concerned...

Two contestants would come on and compete to match the "fill in the blank" answers to silly questions, often with naughty or brain-damaged answers. A sample "fill in the blank" question might be:

"Did you hear what happened to the 102-year-old lady at the department store? She lost her BLANK in the revolving door."

GuichKoock.jpg

First contestant to match the most celebrities in two rounds of play (two chances to fill in the blanks) wins a chance to do a "Super Match" with a "fill in the blank" phrase generated from the audience.

blankwreck.JPG

They can request answers from three celebrities of their choice; the contestant then either chooses one of the celebrities answers or comes up with one of his own. If the answer matches one of the top three answers given by the audience, they win a variable amount of cash ($500 for#1 answer, $250 for #2 answer, $100 for #3 answer) and a lucky spin on the "Star Wheel" to win even more $ (again by matching the answer given by the celebrity who the wheel lands on).

wheel7500.JPG

If the wheel lands on a special gold star, the prize $ is doubled. Then the game begins all over again.

GeneRayburn18.jpg

The reason the show was so popular (despite the lame format), was because of the hilarious, impromptu responses from contestants and celebrities alike (often met with boos by the audience), the incredible charisma of the host, and the "chemistry" between the celebrities (like oil and water in many cases).

You can watch it several times a day on the Game Show Network (now "GSN"). I do. Why? Because Match Game is DY-NO-MITE!!! :!:

JimmieWalker1.jpg

While watching, you'll want to play the Match Game Drinking Game, available here:
http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/matchgame/drinking.htm

For more Match Game Mania, including Fan Fiction (OMG!), Breakdowns of entire episodes with photos, hilarious fashions, and more: http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/matchgame/matchgame.htm

Lee Scolin said:

Yeah, like I said... "Kids!" :wink:

Yours,
Soon-to-be-33-year-old-father

Here is an example of play on Match Game for your edification.

GET READY TO MATCH THE STARS
IN THE STAR-STUDDED, BIG MONEY,

MATCH GAME '75!

NEXT QUESTION:

"Dumb Dora was so dumb (HOW DUMB WAS SHE?), she thought babies came from _______!"

At this point, the celebrities brainstorm and furiously write down their answers. The host then reads the question again and asks the contestant for their answer. For purposes of this example, we'll say the contestant answers "kissing".

AND NOW WE GO TO THE CREATURES FROM THE DARK LAGOON FOR ANSWERS. ALL RIGHT, YOU WEIRDOS, LET'S SEE IF ANY OF YOU MATCH OUR CONTESTANT! CELEBRITIES, REVEAL YOUR ANSWERS PLEASE...

LeeMeredith2.jpg

KISSING, HUH? WELL, I GUESS I CAN SEE WHERE KISSING CAN LEAD TO MAKING BABIES, ALL RIGHT! SEE ME AFTER THE SHOW AND WE'LL PUT YOUR THEORY TO THE TEST, WHADDYA SAY, HONEY?

SarahKennedy1.jpg

COWS? THAT'S A ROTTEN ANSWER, SARAH! OKAY, WHO'S NEXT?

JuiletMills1.jpg

KISSES AGAIN! THAT'S A MATCH!

KateJackson5.jpg

HOWARD COSELL? THAT'S A ROTTEN ANSWER, KATE!

EthelMerman2.jpg

OKAY, ETHEL, WE'VE GOT ANOTHER MATCH! KISSING!

NancyLane1.jpg

NAVEL? BABIES COME FROM THE NAVEL? I GUESS IF DUMB DORA GOT A C-SECTION THAT ANSWER MIGHT MAKE SENSE.

WE'VE GOT THREE MATCHES! THE SCORE IS THREE TO NOTHING. TIME FOR THE NEXT QUESTION...

Back