OPFOR for the Sword Worlds

HalC

Banded Mongoose
Hello Folks,
By chance, has there ever been a listing of Sword World ship forces in the Sword World subsector? Sector Fleet lists the assets in the Spinward Marches, but I wondered if there happened to be any published material other than STEVE JACKSON GAMES "Sword Worlds"?

I do have access to the Adventure ships versions of the Zhodani ships, but I don't think I've ever seen mention of Sword World ships. So - any and all material that I can be pointed towards would be nice.

Thanks,

Hal

There are some ships in the Sword Worlds book - the new one. I worte it a few months back and it's somewhere in the preparartion cycle.

Going by memory, for such a militant culture, the Sword World navies seem a little short changed, beside the technological disparity.

I'd say their ships would be candidates for low automation and crew intensivity.

I have been utilizing the Sector Fleet book, as well as focusing on the Lunion sub-sector for the bulk of my campaigns, that when I picked up the Element Cruiser material, it was in prep for a fifth frontier war campaign complete with pirates, commerce raiding, etc.

With the Sword Worlds being adjacent to Lunion, which happens to have a moth-balled Dreadnaught in orbit near Lunion, I wondered just how difficult it would be to mount a raid to nail that hull before it could be activated for active duty.

The biggest active duty ship in Lunion seems to be a light cruiser.

Could a lone raider mount a credible threat behind enemy lines in the Lunion star system? Could a lone ship jump into system, refuel, make a high speed run towards the ship depot - jump, and deliberately end up in the near vicinity of its target with its built up velocity vector?

That is one tactic it could use, or end up at some other valuable installation such as a high port, and make a single destructive pass and get out?

Time to start thinking like a starship commander right?

:)

Maybe have a look at what the old Fifth Frontier War war game assigned them for forces as your guide.

Back