OGL CyberNet Supplements?!? - Your Thoughts Requested!

Stratos

Mongoose
Open ended question...

Who's interested in an officially licensed OGL CyberNet Supplement book (not just an artcile in S&P)?!?

If interested, what are you looking for? (the more specific, the more I'll appreciate your answers :) !)

Thanks,

- Stratos

I would buy it. Would like to see:

New weapons(that are on the "futuristic" side)

Some setting info. I could come up with my own pretty quick, but having fleshed-out megagcorps, generic npc's (cybertroopers for the corps,ect.) would be nice.

The rules adds from S&P (nice to have one place to find the material instaed of several magazines).

I do plan on buying this book, and hopefully if I get the job on Thursday it will be sooner rather than later. However one supplement I'd like to see is VirtualNet. Basically, think of it as the combining of Virtual Reality with the internet! This would be a great way to expand the genre, as a multitude of VRs and communication with anyone on the globe can be instantaneous. Heck with TPR, you could jack in to the VirtualNet and never have to leave! I know that if I could afford such a thing in reality and there was such a thing as the VNet, I'd be TPRd and jacked into the Net so fast, itd make Bill Gates head spin!

I seem to remember that when playing Cyberpunk in the days of old, a friend of mine had a pair of wolverine claws installed. Now that was cool! So maybe some more "hardcore" cyberware...

And as much as I love creating my NPC's, it would be nice to have some prefabricated ones, just once in a while, to ease the burden. While I'm at it, Shadetree has given us the basics for cyberenhancing animals (which I personally used with great succes!), maybe some of that too?

Someone mentioned the net. Now I am very reluctant to use the net, having a hard time seeing how it fits into the game/story. How about a setting completely "deep" in the net? Or more than one?

Plus: you can never get enough equipment! Guns, tools, cars, tanks, clothes, soccer equipment, anything!

This sounds so cool! Get to it! I am already looking forward to it.

- Sonny

ps. You could even throw in aome music... just for good measure. :lol:

OK, here's another question to bring up.... would a more general supplement of a "universe" including a basic history, maps, some general background on politics and cultures, equipment, weapons, etc. THEN putting out more supplements (smaller and cheaper) with more detailed info for each area or group be more favorable? Basically a bigger thicker more expensive book with everything (over 200 pages) or let's say a 128 page intro book followed by 64 page more in depth books? That way you can buy what you really want. Also what do you think about pdf's???

hmm. I don't think I would need that (although I'd probably but it anyway) as I already have a setting and background and stuff. But I would be happy to deliver my own scenario to this sort of project. Then we'd get a book of setting material from a lot of different sources... might be useful come to think of it.

I would like to see world info.

A city setting book or a book(s) detailing the world today. Giving you info on each continent. Some background on life in the gritty future.

Some new weapons, new gear. A closer look into The Web, more examples & possible expanded rules.

Possibly more Advanced classes (maybe just a few say 3-5 more to flesh out a specific setting).

A space expansion (ala RTG's Deep Space for the Cyberpunk RPG)

Those good for starter ideas?

Slingbld~

i know someone on this forum is at work on a system that allows you to install cyberware into animals. maybe give the guy a job and let him make a book specificaly about that. maybe even trow in some special cyber only for animals :) and maybe fill it up with some prefab cyberpets ;)

other then that i have not gotten my copy yet so well i cant comment on the net rules as of yet...

other then that its ok with guns and other gear but try and not let it get to out of control in the massive damage department :)

kiln publications said:
OK, here's another question to bring up.... would a more general supplement of a "universe" including a basic history, maps, some general background on politics and cultures, equipment, weapons, etc. THEN putting out more supplements (smaller and cheaper) with more detailed info for each area or group be more favorable? Basically a bigger thicker more expensive book with everything (over 200 pages) or let's say a 128 page intro book followed by 64 page more in depth books? That way you can buy what you really want. Also what do you think about pdf's???

I would vote against PDF's. I like owning books.

I think I like the smaller intro book followed by 64 page supplements. New tech is a real plus in cyberpunk games, additional gear in each book would be good. Good CP should have a focus on technology.

And definetely flesh out the net. I think this would be the area I personally would need the most help in.

Flattered!

Thanks for the compliments guys. If something like this ever did come down the pipe I'd contribute what's allready done in the Metal Menagerie and add some more stuff I'm working on. Free.

And thats a yea vote for me. ;)

I vote for PDFs, I love 'em! I have over 20 Gig of PDFs on my Hard Drive and I'm looking to get that info on an external hard drive to free up some space. The more the merrier!

personaly i prefer good old solid books. unless they come up with a flatscreen, lightweight and portable pdf viewer ill never get the idea of pdfs personaly (alltho i have some on a disk here somewhere)...

OK if you had print how about a comic book sizes supplement or digest sized. It would be easier to fit in your backpacks and easier to carry around and read in public. Thoughts?

kiln publications said:
OK if you had print how about a comic book sizes supplement or digest sized. It would be easier to fit in your backpacks and easier to carry around and read in public. Thoughts?

Books the size of Scrolls of Skelos would be better.

Are you in the process of working out a deal to publish books for Mongoose?

Hey Stratos,

I’m interested! What do you have planed? I love everyone’s ideas. One thing I think would be cool and I don’t think it was mentioned, maps! i.e. Floor layouts for buildings, manufacturing/power plants, warehouses, clubs, bars, etc. Maps of cities countries etc. would be cool too.

I’m a visual kind of guy! 

‘til next time…

Capt. Futura said:
Hey Stratos,

I’m interested! What do you have planed? I love everyone’s ideas. One thing I think would be cool and I don’t think it was mentioned, maps! i.e. Floor layouts for buildings, manufacturing/power plants, warehouses, clubs, bars, etc. Maps of cities countries etc. would be cool too.

I’m a visual kind of guy!

‘til next time…

Start crackin'! Send me some layout ideas! :)

- Stratos

Honestly, I appreciate everything that everyone has contributed so far to this thread - thanks people!

A lot of your ideas are going to be given a lot of serious considerations. Some, however, will not be touched on by us. The reasoning is pureply due to time & space constraints as well as the overall flow & focus of our supplement ideas.

Look for an "official press release" soon! :)

- Stratos

ps: keep those ideas coming!

pss: one other thing I'd like to know... how "stand alone" do you people like your books/campaigns? Do you typically play a game "pure" or "mixed" by tying in elements from other games? IE: mixing d20 Modern or Shadowrun with CyberNet... or Steampunk & Horror, etc.

Back