Official Conan Miniatures

I have to say, I'm rather interested in these too. Please, a little information, just to keep us excited? :wink:

Sometime next year, they will look great, probably two limited edition box sets, and that is all _I_ know at the moment!

Just one thing please, try to make the solid, structurally sound, with the tip of the weapons attached to something so they don’t bend at the first contact and break off after a few games

Where was this annouancement made?!

This is the first that I've heared about it. Any additional information is most welcome.

Mythos said:
Where was this annouancement made?!

This is the first that I've heared about it. Any additional information is most welcome.
I posted a thread at the end of September (search: "miniatures for conan rpg?") and Matthew answered (on page 2): "Just to whet your appetites, some official Conan miniatures are on their way. . ."
In another thread where Mongoose Old Bear and I had an argument over the exact terminology between Wargames and Boardgames, Old Bear gave us an hint telling he would be very if there were official Conan miniatures to run some tabletop games (especially the battle of the Valkia).

Belkregos said:
Just one thing please, try to make the solid, structurally sound, with the tip of the weapons attached to something so they don’t bend at the first contact and break off after a few games

I vot the opposite - make the minis completely multi-part so that I can assemble my pictsh warriors with a variety of weapons ina variety of poses!

Mayhem said:
... make the minis completely multi-part so that I can assemble my pictsh warriors with a variety of weapons ina variety of poses!
with Rocket-Launchers and mortars instead of axes and knives. :shock: :lol: :roll: :?

cool i hope they in 30mm scale to match my reapers
and i hope they come out with the heros mounted and on foot
and i hope they dont stop with just two box sets

why just two limited editions when threre large range of minatures that could be doneim sure they would sell like hot cakes and please no conan in a dress like in the art work

The King said:
Mayhem said:
... make the minis completely multi-part so that I can assemble my pictsh warriors with a variety of weapons ina variety of poses!
with Rocket-Launchers and mortars instead of axes and knives. :shock: :lol: :roll: :?

Axes, knives, clubs, spears, bows, shields, a weapon in each hand, or just one, holding up the head of an enemy...

After all, if they are not being made for a wargame, then presumably they are being made for roleplayers. In which case they should be made as versatile as possible so that they can be assembled to look like the player-character they represent.

Alarick said:
why just two limited editions when threre large range of minatures that could be doneim sure they would sell like hot cakes and please no conan in a dress like in the art work

I love the kilt! Please make figs exactly like the characters on the cover of the main book!

sorry guy conan never had a skirt on in the books hes a barbarian not dancing girl :lol:

Heh - I'd like to see an encounter between Alaric and a glaswegian in a kilt...

I've actually found some minis that I reckon will make reasonable picts, from 1st Corps miniatures.

http://www.1stcorps.com/DETAIL.aspx?PackCode=PUN09

With an accessory pack of different weapons, (and a slightly lighter clour scheme) I think they will do nicely.

(of course, we all have differing views on exactly what the picts should look like - i'd prefer them a little less dresses, but they'll do.)

More interesting is 1st Corps' "100 Club" - if you can gaurantee an order of 100 miniatures (which can, of course, be made up by several different people) they will sculpt and cast 50 each of 2 poses of a given figure for £1 each. (£ for cavalry)

So, for example, if 5 people wanted 20 Gundermen each, they could club together to get some gundermen sculpted and cast to their specification.

Hmmm....dunno if Howard's Picts would wear those nifty lil tunics...check out http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/index.asp . Might be some better substitutes there while we wait for Mongoose to do the Conan figs :D

I've been all through the Foundary stuff, and nothing there grabs me as particularly pictish - not even the picts ;)

Some of the tribal warriors, possible, with a different paint job.

The main advantage of the Corps ones is the weapons are so easy to chop and change.

That was pretty much my thought..tribal stuff...and some of the American Indian figs could work as well. Just so long as your Picts don't end up wearing dresses..LOL.. :D

The best would be to look for some miniatures for the King Arthur Pendragon RPG but I don't know if one can still find them and if there are some Picts.
But the cover of the sourcebook "beyond the wall" (from Chaosium), describing the Pict wilderness in the age of Arthur, is quite appropriate: a naked, tattoed screaming Pict warrior.
By the way, there are many info there for the different Pict clans that could be use for Conan RPG with some adaptation.

Back