Nosgoth rpg.

Xex

Mongoose
I for one, would love to see a pnp rpg made out of the Legacy of Kain series, based particularly on the first game, Blood Omens.

The ideal game would draw upon the rich history of the world (Nosgoth) and the many different characters and factions.

Player characters could choose from many different character types, from Paladins and Sarafan Knights, to Mentalists and Necromancers, and ofcourse Vampires.

Combat would be gritty, with plenty of special class abilities thrown into the mix. There would be plenty of dark magic items, though ultimately a player would depend on the abilities of his own character to push through the day.

Thoughts?

I remember the setting of those games as very good. A different take on vampires while keeping the essential mythos and strong eastern European vibe. Enough variation in powers and races to make a good setting, plus a splash of cosmic horror (always unspeakably good) and mind-screwy time travel and fate/destiny.

I LOVED the Nosgoth setting. The amout of detail that went into the game settings was spectacular. This was most evident in Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver, and Soul Reaver II. Playing through those game in particular really made me have a deep love of the setting. Though, if one were going to run a game in the Nosgoth setting, perhaps using the original Legacy of Kain (perhaps LOK2) game would be best. I think that after Kain damned the world in SR, SR2, and Defiance the type of RP would be more post apocolyptic in feel.

I have used many aspects of the LOK/SR series in my various RPG projects. One of which I continue to use is the Sarafan.

Great stuff.

~O

Back