New Judge Dredd Rulebook Download

The only ones I can see with especially low limits are Sky Surfer juves and Cabalists (25 creds each). I can see surfers needed to not be weighed down by loads of gear, but even they can get pad armour, handgun and knife. Cabalists on the other hand really are the dregs of society. Every other type of minion gets at least 50 credits to spend.

chaoschild said:
Cabalists on the other hand really are the dregs of society.

Actually, I saw it as them not even considering they would need much more than their fancy outfits. After all, if they are summoning demons, they are either insane or just plain stupid :)

Greg Smith said:
chaoschild said:
Otherwise, what's the point of the Wealthy talent?

That is a good point. I hadn't considered their might be a limit, but I agree with that. Although the limit for some minions is definitely low.

I must admit I had not thought that you couldn't upgrade gang members subsequent to the start of the campaign within the normal limits of what is allowed to be carried by an given model.

I thought Wealthy was to allow starting characters to have double normal money at the start but I see what you mean, hmm, guess too used to Necromunda gang building......

So I guess you reference the normal limits for hereos so a Gorilla can have upto 75 credits maximum spent on him as a minion - if he becomes a hero he can then increase his maximum credit capacity to 150 credits?

That's how I'm playing it. And a Wealthy gorilla hero can have up to 300 credits. Also, it's worth noting that Wealthy has the Fixer talent as a prerequisite, so if it only applied to starting limits those would have to be your 2 starting talents with no other possibilities.

chaoschild said:
...so if it only applied to starting limits those would have to be your 2 starting talents with no other possibilities.

That just seems unusually restrictive. I mean, you don't have to start off life being be rich. I'd say, under your rules, that if you later added the Wealthy talent, you'd get to immediately add an amount equal to double your starting credits.

However, the way I think I'm going to play it is Heroes gain 25 credits (to match the 25 credit increase in price when leveling up) to spend on equipment and those with the Wealthy talent double that. I'll let you all know if it gets broken at any time in our campaign.

-Ken

WereRogue said:
chaoschild said:
...so if it only applied to starting limits those would have to be your 2 starting talents with no other possibilities.

That just seems unusually restrictive. I mean, you don't have to start off life being be rich. I'd say, under your rules, that if you later added the Wealthy talent, you'd get to immediately add an amount equal to double your starting credits.

However, the way I think I'm going to play it is Heroes gain 25 credits (to match the 25 credit increase in price when leveling up) to spend on equipment and those with the Wealthy talent double that. I'll let you all know if it gets broken at any time in our campaign.

-Ken

The problem with that is that the 25 points represents his value increasing from leveling up. Giving him another 25 credits to mess around with is increasing his value that much more.

Surtur said:
The problem with that is that the 25 points represents his value increasing from leveling up. Giving him another 25 credits to mess around with is increasing his value that much more.

Correct. Making your gang more valuable to your opponents in the process. You don't have to spend the earned credits on the model (keep in mind, they're not extra credits you get, just the ability to spend them on a Hero model out of your "bank"), but this represents the Hero's (in most cases) growth as they advance in levels. I doubt a Level 10 Hero is going to keep the same crappy handgun he had to buy when he was Level 1, after all.

This is how I'm currently doing it for my campaign:

"Hero models may spend 25 extra credits per level above their starting restrictions up to a maximum of double their original allotment (ex. 100 original = additional 100 credits total). The Wealthy Talent allows double the credits allowed (to 50), and double again the original allotment (ex. 100 original = additional 200 credits total)."

I'll let you all know how it's received and plays out.

-Ken

Back