New Judge Dredd Rulebook Download

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
As we said before, we have taken the opportunity to give the JD rulebook a last tweaking, in light of the proofing problems we have had with the printers. This means the hardcopy is a little late but will be all the better for it! You can also see what changes we have made immediatly in the download, which you can grab from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/jdmg.pdf

1. Intro scenario Armour stats corrected.
2. Laser Rifle reduced to 70 Credits.
3. Made obvious that missiles cost 10 Credits each.
4. Flyer text added (!).
5. Everything from Rulebook Changes and Additions in Block War is now in the core book (and no longer in Block War...).
6. Link Angel's Talents fixed.
7. Caligula is now Cal.
8. Stealth/Sneaky Does It terminology fixed.
9. Zombies easier to patch up after battles.
10. Robot armour cheaper (don't get too excited, you will still pay 50 Creds to get the Demolition Droid to +6 - and it should be fairly obvious as to why!).
11. Dance of Death may no longer be used by Flyers or from a vehicle.
12. Aim now requires Shoot +2, and no longer doubles damage.
13. Punisher now works if just two attacks hit.
14. Concussive Blast now works until end of victim's next phase.
15. Made it clear that you only pay for a Mercenary if the Mercenary survives (should make them a bit more popular in weaker forces!).
16. Finally broke down and gave Robots a Will score, and have instead made them immune to certain things.
17. All Mercenary robots now work like Renegade Robots in terms of special rules.
18. Med and Tek Judges now have Lightweight armour option from Block War. Cheaper costs too.
19. Mutant now wearing leathers, stat corrected.
20. Riot Judge Talents fixed.
21. Judges with the right Talents can now use two Lawgivers.
22. Resolved the zombies vs. Ramming vehicles problem.
23. Added Bionic Eyes.
24. Made it clear that Cybernetics bought to fix injuries do not come out of model's equipment allowance (however, if you are upgrading good flesh, you are on your own!).
25. Sorted timing of Flamethrower effects (much like Concussive Blast).
26. Campaign forces now get 40% of the opposing force's value (minus Mercs).

Any comments welcomed!

HUZZAH!!!!!!

Thanks Matt and the MGP Guys! you guys ROCK!

BTW, any chance of a softcover/HC book ever being released for this game?

Charging Rules clarifications:

According to the Charging rules you must move atleast 3" in a straight line before getting the charge bonus, but it also says that you "cannot charge around corners".

So then can a model move a total of 6 ", the initial 3" in a straight line, the following 3" in a curve around a corner and still get the charge bonus?

Thanks for the clarification.

****Typos****

Pg 76, Right hand side: "You will gain an amount of Credits after each game, equal to 40% the total value of the opposing force, not including any mercenaries."

chaoschild said:
I've always read this as the final 3" of your melee move must be in a straight line in order to get the bonus.

This was something that was discussed in our gaming group as well, and IMO I feel it's the best way to interpret the rule, I just thought I'd point it out in the event someone had a better solution for it.

Man, everyday I visited this board (only got registered today, thank you Matthew) since discovering I was way too late for the kickstarter and seeing the interaction with the community and rules updates only makes me more sorry I missed out on the kickstarter. Awesome game and awesome company.
Don't let some of the backers tell you otherwise.

edit: I see I am a cub with my only post, awww cute but not very Dredd-sy ;)

OK, so zombies are now immune to gas weapons. But there's nothing to say that it excludes riot foam (like it does with respirators). Is this intentional? Same applies to robots.

I'm gonna say that riot foam still affects zombies, like any other models. As I understand it, it's the foam's ability to capture that makes it effective.

Question on flyers: If a flyer is in base to base with another model, is it (for all intents and purposes) considered to NOT be in the air?

Thanks for the update, Matt, and, more importantly than even the rules, thank you for itemizing out where all the changes are! :D

-Ken

Winged_Human said:
Question on flyers: If a flyer is in base to base with another model, is it (for all intents and purposes) considered to NOT be in the air?

Yeah, I know how the Jetpack or Bat Glider "loses" flight, but the Power Board says "while in the air". There's no period at the end of the Flyer text, so it makes me think there was supposed to be more to come.

When is a flyer considered "no longer a flyer"?

-Ken

Buying Equipment for Heroes: Aside from Encumberance, is there anything limiting the amounf of credits that may be spent to equip a hero, outside of his starting equipment?

While we're on Equipment: Should Chief Judge Cal's retinue have the Standard Issue and LawGivers rules that the Justice Dept has?

Winged_Human said:
Buying Equipment for Heroes: Aside from Encumberance, is there anything limiting the amounf of credits that may be spent to equip a hero, outside of his starting equipment?

While we're on Equipment: Should Chief Judge Cal's retinue have the Standard Issue and LawGivers rules that the Justice Dept has?

Quoted for importance! Thanks!

For the record, we've been playing as:

+25 credits per level can be spent, minions only get what they start with until they become Heroes.

and

Yes.

:D

-Ken

I've never read the equipment limits as only applying to starting equipment, I thought they were limits that apply to equipment bought for that model at any point. Otherwise, what's the point of the Wealthy talent?

chaoschild said:
Otherwise, what's the point of the Wealthy talent?

That is a good point. I hadn't considered their might be a limit, but I agree with that. Although the limit for some minions is definitely low.

True, but in some gangs a minion can get sports armour, a spitgun and a club, while in others they can only afford leather and a hand gun.

Back