New covers online!

René

Banded Mongoose
Look at the new covers for the upcoming CONAN products: really awesome - especially Tower of the Elephant! :shock:

Yes, they´re really looking nice.
I for myself belileve that heretics of tarantia will be very interesting. But I´m certainly eager to see the first reviews of the tower of the elephant. Wonder how a Conan story will play out at all...

Especially the "Elephant" on ToftE look really weird - much stranger and cthuloid than in SoS! + a political incorrect view of women: Sword and Sorcery rocks! :wink:

I guess the girl facing Yoga [edited: Yag-Kosha :oops: ) is a kind of Red Sonja.
Indeed, it is rare to look at the butt of a girl in RPG rather than at her face.
Totally politically uncorrect.

I am longing for a sourcebook on Zamora...

Hi,
I'm the guy who've done the ToftE cover. I'm suprised you liked it, that's my first conan cover . I'm also surprise about the "political incorrect" comments, this is conan and all the women are usually half-naked (or half-dressed depending your country :wink: ) . You can see the girl's face at the interior art.
About Yag-kosha, well, the description at the Howard's story is very diffuse, when Conan met him, he've never seen an elephant before so he thinks that the green alien must be an elephant (based on the Shemite's description) but yagkosha's head is only elephant like (trunk proboscis, big ears, tusks). I've loved to design a new Lovecraft-alien yagkosha.
I've posted a larger image of the cover at my web site
About the adventure, I've read it in order to do the interior art and it's a awesome adventure, if you love the story you would love the adventure.
Un saludo

Hi MoscaTnT,

Great Cover !!!

It's one of the best I've seen yet, and considering the quality of the other books in the series, that's saying allot !!!

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your work !!!

Mongoose once again amazes me with their ability to find the best talent around !!!

SS

Hi MoscaTnT and congratulations!

Your drawing and your choice of colours is excellent IMO. I recognize your inspiration by Frazetta and the green but simple background is a show of Sword & Sorcery.
And the green skin of Yag-Kosha is true to Lovecraftian and Howardian tales.

And the girl could be the Valeria of the movie if she hadn't met Conan (that is working alone).

It is great to see mere humans and weird creature rather than dwarves, elves and the usual dragons.

Howard excelled in his vivid though simple descriptions and it is good that not only the text but also the art covering Conan RPG sticks to this scheme.

Hi MoscaTnT,

I think the cover looks great - just hope my text in the adventure lives up to it. Seems very Conan-appropriate.

Amo el arte, y le agradezco por el elogio.

(Hope I got that right - I don't often have a chance to write in Spanish.) :)

MoscaTnT said:
I'm also surprise about the "political incorrect" comments, this is conan and all the women are usually half-naked (or half-dressed depending your country :wink: ) . You can see the girl's face at the interior art.

Hey, there is nothing bad about not being PC - in fact, I got for several terms a NO PC-sticker on my bag :wink:

Beside, it's best CONAN tradition: AFAIK Weird Tales got a lot of embarrased letters because of their covers depicting scarcely clad girls.

wow just been on the web site and you have done alot of mongooses covers :shock: in fact have your pirates cover as my screen saver at the moment for a long time had the slaine piece(then some art by quillian) your work is awesome and welcome to the boards 8)

MoscaTnT said:
Hi,
I'm the guy who've done the ToftE cover. I'm suprised you liked it, that's my first conan cover . I'm also surprise about the "political incorrect" comments, this is conan and all the women are usually half-naked (or half-dressed depending your country :wink: ) . You can see the girl's face at the interior art.
About Yag-kosha, well, the description at the Howard's story is very diffuse, when Conan met him, he've never seen an elephant before so he thinks that the green alien must be an elephant (based on the Shemite's description) but yagkosha's head is only elephant like (trunk proboscis, big ears, tusks). I've loved to design a new Lovecraft-alien yagkosha.
I've posted a larger image of the cover at my web site
About the adventure, I've read it in order to do the interior art and it's a awesome adventure, if you love the story you would love the adventure.
Un saludo

Great cover! Nuff said!

The King said:
Hi MoscaTnT and congratulations!
Your drawing and your choice of colours is excellent IMO. I recognize your inspiration by Frazetta

Thanks to all,
that's true I've tried to get a Frazetta's feeling but I'm not Frazetta... :(

toothill man said:
wow just been on the web site and you have done alot of mongooses covers :shock: in fact have your pirates cover as my screen saver at the moment for a long time had the slaine piece(then some art by quillian) your work is awesome and welcome to the boards 8)

Quillian is the artist of the Pirate Isles' cover . I'm sorry but I've done only two covers for Mongoose, this one and another cover still unpublished. That list of covers at "rpg illos" at my webpage are the ones of the books I've done the interior art (a lot of books).

GregLynch said:
Hi MoscaTnT,
I think the cover looks great - just hope my text in the adventure lives up to it. Seems very Conan-appropriate.
Amo el arte, y le agradezco por el elogio.
(Hope I got that right - I don't often have a chance to write in Spanish.) :)
Thanks!!, I'm so gratefull for your spanish words (aunque no las entiendo mucho.... :wink:) .

Un saludo
Alejandro

Back