New Adventure by Darlage/Rodriguez

EricKRod

Mongoose
Just an FYI, there is a new magazine out called the 'Ancible' published in England. I hear that even though they are mostly a miniature based magazine, they are expanding to include Roleplaying Games.

I know that there January issue will contain the first part of a three part adventure written by Vincent Darlage and Eric Rodriguez (me). This is a new, never before published adventure that you might want to purchase. If the adventure (and sales) go over well I am sure there will future adventures.

Please support the effort and tell friends.

Thanks,

Eric in WA

You can purchase individual magazines, or buy a subscription. PDF's are not available yet.

Go to: http://the-ancible.com/

Eric in WA

Hi, i,m part of the Ancible family, a small part anyway, i do know that we dont have any plans to produse a PDF version though.
It is for sale in the US, it may be that you have to ask your local store to stock it. Or you can go to the website and order it that way.

Please dont hesitate to contact me if you have a question, or contact Kenny Robb, he is the big cheese.

PS we are hugely excited about Mr Rodriguez coming on board with the Conan piece. I condsider it the Crown Jewel of issue two.

Ian

Ian,

Tell us a little more about the Conan piece in Issue #2. Give us a teaser--a preview.

It's an adventure? What level? What type of characters? Where's it set?

Dammit i have opened a can of worms here :p I will check with the big cheese to see what we can reveal, or i could be horrible and ask you to buy the magazine Hmmmm. choices choices. :twisted:

Ian Cook said:
Dammit i have opened a can of worms here :p I will check with the big cheese to see what we can reveal, or i could be horrible and ask you to buy the magazine Hmmmm. choices choices. :twisted:

If the adventure sounds interesting and worth the cover price of the mag (I'm not into miniatures), I'll buy it.

But, I've got to have more of a preview than what's in the OP.

Okay guys, I have been given this from the introduction to the adventure, which should give you some idea. The adventure is called Threshold of Darkness and as Eric has said it is by himself and Vincent Darlage, so the detail is spot on. I've also been told by Ted Chang that is includes naked exotic Stygian dancers - that's the adventure, not the magazone. That would of course be wrong. ;) Right, here goes...

The mysteries and secrets of the Black Kingdoms have remained hidden for untold ages. Shadowed jungles, bleak savannas and fetid jungles have dominated life in the south for as long as man has lived. No kingdom or land has retained its dark history and reputation as prominently as Darfar. The Darfari are notorious for their cannibalism and sacrifice of human life to the dark gods of the south. Many men have travelled to the dark kingdom, never to return. It is a land of extreme harshness and suffering; forgiveness does not exist.

Recently, a Darfari Sorcerer has been using his magic to corrupt and torment men from the north. He believes that by sending his magic through the dreams and nightmares of individuals he will compel them to travel to Darfar where he will immolate them in sacrifice to his dark spirits.

In This Adventure…

A dark sorcerer has been using his powers to dominate and corrupt the dreams of innocents. His ultimate goal is the sacrifice of certain individuals to the dark power he worships. Those individuals who follow the dream portents he forces upon them will eventually find themselves travelling to the Black Kingdoms; ultimately Darfar.

The characters may travel through several different cities and lands on their journey to discover the cause of their nightmares and twisted dreams. Each step of the way they are hunted for crimes that they have not committed. Eventually they will reach the source of their troubles and confront the Ngil Master who has violated their dreams for the last several weeks.

Sounds cool. Reminds me of this old Sagard the Barbarian solo, where you also had to stand up against some black Shaman of formidable magical power...

http://www.the-ancible.com/

OK folks, The Ancible will be on sale soon, we have had so many enquiries about the Conan piece we anticipate another print run, we hope you all enjoy it as much as we have.

Thanks

Ian.

What level is the adventure???
If it is above 10th level I buy it too!

(If you want to have succes with this magazine, include a lot of adventures above 10th level)

Demons, Dragon, Witch-Doctor and tons of servants. I guess you could call it 10th level? :lol:

Very easily modified for higher levels. Frankly I believe that whole 'level' thing is a guide and that your adventure should always be tailored to your group of heroes.

OK The Ancible has gone out today, they should be appearing on door mats over the next few days. I hope you all enjoy it.

Hey Ian -

How much is it to buy the Ancible and have it shipped to the USofA? And how long (how many pages) are each part of the adventure?

Thanks.

Hi Strom, the first part of the adventure is 16 pages long in this issue, i dont see that changing by much over the next few isues. The cost to you nice people over the pond is 6£ in total, not sure how that equates into $. We do ship to stores in the US though, i just dont know which as yet.

Thanks, Ian. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy! :D It's my understanding that this is a two-parter with the conclusion appearing in your next issue. Is that correct?

Back