My LAMI troopers

All I can say (along this particular line of thought at least) is that Dizzy is damn sight better in the film than the book... :wink:

Nick

I'm putting the finishing touches on my second batch of forty Light Armour Troopers this morning (whew!). As the helmet rank insignias are too small to be seen (except from six inches away!) I've painted stripes on the front of the bases. While others have placed them on the back, that's where I'm placing very small labels to signify company/platoon/squad assignment.

For example, a label of "C23" would be Charlie company, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad. For now, I'm going to leave the force level at six boxes of figures, and later maybe add more basic riflemen from a 7th or 8th box. So for now, I'm splitting the "special" figures from each box into two squads. The Longbow trooper and FedNet reporter go to obe, with the comms trooper and sniper to the second squad. Not every squad will have a medic, but can call upon an adjacent squad for medical support. After all, when the Bugs rip you in half you don't need a medic... :roll:

Funny thing about adding more troopers is as the numbers go up in a pic I have to pull back more each time. :wink:

MY_80_LAMI.jpg

I've decided to place a medic in each squad, and added base idents for rank. The comms guy has an antenna as it just seemed right to do. If anyone says they wouldn't have antennas in the future like they are now I'll just say it's a shock stick probe to keep flying Bugs away. :roll: :lol:

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I really REALLY dislike Carmen (in the Animated Series too) Lol!

Love Dizzy to bits (in fact one of my Cats is called Dizzy)!
I absolutely agree with you there lol! Though all my female LAMI aren't given names, hell they're meat shields for my CAPs, pathfinders, marauders, etc. Though I did manage to make Sugar Watkins(complete with arachnid claw necklace).

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
No actually, my mate Phil wanted more women than men - so we did a swap Lol!

I prefer the original mixed forces, as when my troops get planetside R&R with beer they have more to play with than green violins. :wink:

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I actually don't rate the sculpts on the girlies.

I use 'em for medics :wink:. "Say there trooper, did your arm get torn away? Let me spray something on it. Oh, and here's some more ammo. You've still got a good arm, so go get 'em."

BuShips said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
No actually, my mate Phil wanted more women than men - so we did a swap Lol!

I prefer the original mixed forces, as when my troops get planetside R&R with beer they have more to play with than green violins. :wink:
Totally agree with you Bu! Though, a swanky green violin is kinda (cool). To get my frces mixed, I bought some of those female caps and put them in amongst the males :lol: . Oh and my army's sniper is a chick, as she's more "flexible" then the rest and can hide in small crevices and such, plus she's smaller hehehe.

roughneck GIR said:
Totally agree with you Bu! Though, a swanky green violin is kinda (cool). To get my frces mixed, I bought some of those female caps and put them in amongst the males :lol: . Oh and my army's sniper is a chick, as she's more "flexible" then the rest and can hide in small crevices and such, plus she's smaller hehehe.

Seems logical. I haven't opened up my female CAP troopers yet. They're on the to-do list after my Pathfinders. I'll probably take a break and do some more Bugs though next.

OK, here are six boxes of Light Armour Infantry. They have paint, decals, ink wash, sealer and a little sand added. :)

I've promoted my NCOs, LTs and one Cptn. "from the ranks" as it were, and have no special models to represent them with. The obvious candidates are the two "hero" models in each box, one waving his rifle and the other just waving (think "Come on you Apes, do you want to live forever?"). :wink:

This fits out 'Charlie Company' of my mixed 2nd Regiment. A Co. is my Exosuits and B Co. is composed of my Cap Troopers. Delta Co. will probably be my Pathfinders, including the Neo-dog units. Although not typical of MI Regiments the rules do allow for mixed units. I decided that this was a method that I could actually use to take a swipe at painting up enough game models to collect under a single Regimental banner.

MY_120_LAMI.jpg

Awesome. It thought it was hard to get through one boxed set...

Any of you LAMI players got an ideas for converting officers/troopers/reliant crew?

Back