MRQ Wiki - new

My username was DirkD, I updated the srds in september (or was that still the old site?), I am not sure anymore... Whatever, as long as no one banned me, I will just create a new account.

Small update to the RuneQuest SRD Luxury Edition. The "determine characteristics"-section was missing and is now included. No other major changes, so you have to decide for yourself if it is worth the download. If anyone else finds any errors, please send me a mail.

Just tried downloading the Luxury SRD from the wiki and got an error message saying that the file's corrupted and can't be repaired... :shock:

Strange - I've just done exactly the same and it's worked ok. Buffer issue? Refresh issue? Version issue?

I'm using 8 but the document says it should be compatible with 7.x +

Right click and click on 'Save As' and see if that works.

If the following statement makes any sense to you try it: Kill any open instances of acrord32.exe (or acrobat.exe) in task manager (accessible by right clicking on the task bar).

If that doesn't make sense, try just rebooting. I have acrobat flake out on me after opening pdf's from the web ocassionally and that generally fixes it.

All of this of course assumes you are using a windows pc.

As a general rule: if a downloaded file is damaged, just download it again before you do any changes to your computer. The CRC used by your network card isn't good enough to find every transmission error.

My pdfs are always tested on an older Acrobat version and on Foxit Reader. I don't use any special features, so they should be running on every pdf reader made in the last 4 years or so.

Just saved it to disc and its opened fine. It might be the browser (Avant) I was using.

Thanks for the help chaps!

After some comments were made about download problems, I've started reformatting the modern rules... let me know if it fixes the problems.

I cannot access it either.

It appears to have expired - was halfbat the one who owned it or was it still tim?

Someone should grab it.

If there is a new Mr Wiki page i cant seem to connect to it, prehaps someone would be so kind as to put the new address for it please :)

It is absent at the moment, but hopefully will be back soon. Someone will post as soon as there is an update.

OK, I last looked at it, it seems, this week on the day it disappeared, only hours before it did so (I was updating an entry). It seems the domain has expired - though I was not informed it was about to go and didn;t receive an invoice for it, either!

I'm speaking to the ISP base sellers now. They've invoiced me and are chasing up acquiring the name (again).

I'll let you know when it returns. If we have ongoing problems, the name will change and I'll edit the base codes above.

Rurik said:
It appears to have expired - was halfbat the one who owned it or was it still tim?
:lol: This confused me - I'm also Tim and the other Tim (iamtim) hasn't been around for a while!

Halfbat said:
Rurik said:
:lol: This confused me - I'm also Tim and the other Tim (iamtim) hasn't been around for a while!

Well that's good - usually I only confuse myself. :lol:

I didn't realize you were Tim also - maybe if your handle was iamtimtoo...

Back