Mongoose, enough with the "teasing"

Guy_LeDouche

Mongoose
The other blow, of course, is that we also have to pull away from Starship Troopers - however, I'll be dropping by the SST forum soon with something that might make SST players a great deal happier. More on that soon.

Despite 18+ years of RPGs, I had never even dabbled in miniature games until SST came along. And I devoured it with a passion, investing a great amount of both time and money in the product. Needless to say, this whole SST/SST: Evo, etc. has left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth.

I know SST has had its issues, however, out of everything that has happened, the statement above illustrates what has bothered me most about how Mongoose handles things. The tactic of "Here's some bad news, but wait a couple of weeks and we might tell you something cool!" It burns me up, and is, I think, very poor customer service.

Last I checked, Mongoose is not running a TV show; there's no need to leave us on the edge of a cliffhanger every other week to ensure we'll be back. If there is bad news that must be shared, yet information that could offset it, wait until both can be announced. There is no valid reason that I can think of to use this "dangling carrot" approach.

Prior to this final blow, SST players have stuck around through numerous disappointments, false starts, and misleading dates. We came back time and time again. Have the courtesy to give us the whole, complete, straight, 100% story. If we have to wait a little bit of time before hearing both good and bad, so be it.

I understand that this may seem in our best interests. And I truly do appreciate the efforts made to keep players in the know (non-disclosures be darned!) However, giving only part of the news and short changing the rest is not in our best interests. A company can only cry wolf to its customers so many times before we cease to care.

This thread has a lot of how I feel ... the first mini's game in years I cared to take up, I've put in maybe $500, time to prep stuff, plus I've done over ten sessions of demo's at my local store and it looks like a waste ...

While I am bitter beyond belief, I really cannot believe Matt WANTED to end it (or to end the other Miniature lines), nor did he particularly want redundancies.

I do however think that in some instances the constant dissapointment could have been handled better.

Speaking of which. Last I heard, the rules were pretty much complete. When can we expect our farewell gift?

Sight said:
Speaking of which. Last I heard, the rules were pretty much complete. When can we expect our farewell gift?

Matt's reply here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33677

...indicates in a month or so, and also that they will indeed be free - but you'll also need to buy one of the new 'proper' rulebooks too in order to use them fully. (I'm not complaining about that, just noting it).

Back