Mistakes in the Galactic Guide

Greg Smith said:
Oh yeah, it is indeed a very good book and I like Lizard's writing style. What's next Lizard?

I have finished Free Mars, which should be out in June, and Wars: The RPG, which is in playtest. I am currently working on Sea of Worlds, a multiversal setting which is the first thing I've done for Mongoose which is 'all mine' -- my own universe/cosmology/background/etc. (D20 rules, natch!) I believe the boxed set is scheduled for a GenCon release.

frobisher said:
Pauly_D said:
the AOG maps (Narn-Centauri War, Dilgar War, Orieni War)

Zagros' new location (as given here http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/systemmap.jpg) doesn't help with one of the problems I had with it on the AOG and CE maps - it's way too far away from Markab (mislabled as Markar on this map too it would seem ;) ) given how quickly the Whitestar gets there from Zagros

Well, as JMS himself admitted, things in the B5 universe travel 'at the speed of plot' -- as they do in most fiction.

Lizard said:
Greg Smith said:
Oh yeah, it is indeed a very good book and I like Lizard's writing style. What's next Lizard?

I have finished Free Mars, which should be out in June, and Wars: The RPG, which is in playtest. I am currently working on Sea of Worlds, a multiversal setting which is the first thing I've done for Mongoose which is 'all mine' -- my own universe/cosmology/background/etc. (D20 rules, natch!) I believe the boxed set is scheduled for a GenCon release.

Thanks. I shall be looking forward to them.

Lizard said:
Well, as JMS himself admitted, things in the B5 universe travel 'at the speed of plot' -- as they do in most fiction.

Too true.

Of course it could be that the Whitestar, having Vorlon enhanced sensors can actually go off beacon relatively safely and take "short cuts" to other beacon routes in familiar parts of hyperspace.

Still, it's probably the only major beef with the map (and as I said, it's been all versions so no particular blame on Mongoose here) And it may well be topologically equivalent anyway, I haven't checked in depth...

does anyone know when the street date is for this book

thank you

ISA Fleet box is available to UK retail next week... no other B5 releases.... no Galactic Guide :(

But hey, that means all the more B5 goodness to come in later weeks :D

(2^64)-1 is the answer incase you hadn't figured it out.

18,446,744,073,709,600,000 T'bolts

Even at bulk discount rates, you're cheaper buying your own GG, or even buying Mongoose Publishing!

LBH

Back