Levels for Thunder River

Arkobla Conn

Mongoose
We are having a blast playing our Conan Campaign...so much so that we've gotten a few levels (5) under our collective PC's belts. The question my players have in regards to Thunder River (which we are all drooling about) is what levels is it? None of them want to give up the characters they have already created...

Please Mongoose, let me know the level range!?!

thanks!

Across Thunder River is suspose to be more so a soure book with info on the pitcs, and the pictish tribes ( I dont think I should use the word civilization). and I can wait to read it because the area seems like it will be really rich with background and details. And plus thats probably the next place my party is going, good part is they dont know it yet.

Hey arkobla;
check this out, "Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia" its perfect for a 5th level conan campaign

thulsa wrote it
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3407&highlight=

Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia - Conversion Notes for the Conan RPG

http://hyboria.xoth.net/adventures/mesopotamia_conversion_notes.htm

http://www.necromancergames.com/

hope it helps

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1280&highlight=thunder+river

Ok, here is where I got my info. Read the thread, and one of the Mongoose people respond to an 'Adventure Campaign' and coyly asks if we like 'picts' When someone asks if it is 'Across Thunder River' he states 'could be'

I'll be fairly disappointed if there isn't adventure stuff in this module. I don't need more source material (although that's good) I need adventures. I work 50 hours a week and don't have time to develop material. So far, I'm using player mods, Kovag Re, and I'm winging it (15+ years as a GM) well enough that people are having fun...but I want something formal.

btw - thanks for some of the suggestions folks!

Hey dude, we atleast your trying, I have a ruff work schedule too, work 12h rotating shift, PT network admin and I go to school (trying to get a buss. degree) so I understand how you would want some pregenerated material, kinda like the D&D quick adventures they use to do, it looked like a pamplet it ran for about 4-7bucks and was great for when you didnt get to work on anything...

There were other adventures distributed in the Sons of Cimeria program and some of which I beleive were printed in Signs and Portents.

The Dark Altar of Katar by Eric K. Rodriguez
Danger in the Westermarck! by Eric K. Rodriguez

Got those, thanks

But I want a polished, 20+ page adventure.

It was first hinted at for Thunder,

It was then sorta promised, then pulled for the GM screen (remember the 24 pages discussion?)

The source material has been awesome, the game top notch...please don't drop the proverbial ball and DO come out with some published adventure material...

I'm with Arkobla - waiting to run a game until some kind of epic/20+ page adventure gets published. I thought it was going to be Thunder River, as well. I've picked up the core rules, ROK, and Skelos, but won't invest in the rest of the sourcebooks (and prepare a campaign) until its clear Mongoose is going to support the line.

So - any word on when a big adventure campaign or module will be put on the publication schedule? :?:

In the "Conan in 2005" thread, there is some modules mentioned, area/city sourcebooks and character classes. No mention of an adventure or campaign yet.

Well noone has said that Across the Thunder River won't have an adventure included as yet, just that its primarily a sourcebook. Its got quite a nice page count to it though, so its possible it could be both.

Both would be fine! Honestly, I think each source book should have a mini adventure. Say 7-10 pages, playable in 1-2 sessions. It would help introduce the ambiance and feel of the new source material.

Anonymous said:
In the "Conan in 2005" thread, there is some modules mentioned, area/city sourcebooks and character classes. No mention of an adventure or campaign yet.
In the thread "Future Supplements", Matthew Sprange told about "a campaign book that has yet to be given a fixed title."
Busty Wench said:
Well noone has said that Across the Thunder River won't have an adventure included as yet, just that its primarily a sourcebook. Its got quite a nice page count to it though, so its possible it could be both.
I read somewhere that there should be a scenario in "Accross the Thunder River" and in each subsequent kingdom sourcebooks.
I also read somewhere else that scenario books were in preparation. :wink:

Back