Lankhmar

Dead Blue Clown said:
haargald said:
DBC:
Hey, January is way too long. I'm dying here! How much info can we expect for areas outside Lankhmar in the first book? Can I reasonably have characters from other lands? Any chance of you persuading Mongoose to throw up some previews?

There's not a pile of lore about other places even in the source material, but yes, characters from elsewhere are accounted for in basic character creation, and yeah, there's info on the world outside Lankhmar.

You want to climb mountains in the Cold Waste and fight frost worms? Good luck with that. You want to wade through the Great Salt Marsh and have hand-sized white spiders leaping at your face? Go to it. You want to go into Shadowland and find the pavillion where the ghost of your dead lover lives? Have fun, yo. It's all in there.

Nehwon (the companion book) fills out Ilthmar, The Land of the Eight Cities and Quarmall, mainly. It mostly deals with different ways of running adventures in those places. Half the book is a pretty big scenario taking you on an epic trek from Lankhmar to the Great Salt Marsh, to Ilthmar, Ning's caves, Quarmall, the Land of the Eight Cities and then the Cold Waste. I'm immensely proud of that, and I turned in the book a few days late so I could finish playing all the way through it with one of my groups. It was, to coin a phrase, ****ing awesome fun.

In regards to previews, I don't know how '.pdf ready' the book is. I've got my Word.docs, though. What would you like to see?

I'd love to see the magic and the character creation areas.

Back