Just ordered a copy of Armageddon 2089: Total War from MP

chris_valera

Mongoose
Just ordered a copy of Armageddon 2089: Total War from Mongoose Publishing and The Psychic's Handbook from another company, both for d20 Modern/d20 Future.

Truth be told, I ordered the book used since an online store had it for only seven bucks. Mongoose Publishing bills this game as "the most detailed game of its type to date, and no expense has been spared in ensuring that it is also one of the best looking games available. This is by far the most ambitious project Mongoose Publishing has produced to date and many hundreds of man-hours have gone into the production of this game. The level of detail available to players is incredible."

But I've also heard some sketchy things on rpg.net about the layout and how easy it is to use and understand, as well as how to design your own warmek and pit them in combat against each other. How useful the book is remains to be seen.

But seriously, ruthless and brutal mech-on-mech action for the d20 system! Courage is stronger than adamantium! Customize an existing 60-foot tall "warmek" battle engine or design your own, then pit them against each other in ruthless mech-on-mech combat! Includes pilots, engineers, mechanics and civilians as character classes.

The psychic handbook has additional rules for psychic powers for d20 Modern characters, which came highly reviewed.

Can't wait to get my hands on these! Hopefully Mongoose doesn't let me down!

--Chris
http://www.chrisvalera.com

You have to remember that all "to date" claims have to be taken along with the date they were printed...

I think it is an awesome game though.

LBH

So what are the best Skills and Feats for a newly-minted mercenary company to select? Assume there's a Comms Officer, Assault Officer, Field Officer, Scout Officer, and a Civilian

(Love how much attention this thread has gotten in the time that I've posted it - really shows you how popular Armageddon: 2089 actually is) :|

--Chris
http://www.chrisvalera.com

Back