Interstellar Shipping Question

The problem with this is that it excludes all bases (Navy, Scout, etc) which would not be merged with the standard commercial traffic. So there are many systems with multiple 'entry/exit' points that need to be beyond the 100D of various system objects.

I agree with the idea of a large spaceport focused on refining stationed near a gas giant. More efficient, etc. So I can see jumping in or out of the system near that point in space rather than near the primary Starport.
Like I stated before the reason for only 1 StarPort is imperial control of interstellar trade. Also Scout and Navy bases are listed as being adjacent to the system Starport. A Starport around the gas giant would go go counter to imperial control of interstellar trade.

0.21 light-years seems to be a bit far to go on an M-Drive and that is the distance from Alpha Centauri AB to Alpha Centauri C, 21 light-years or 13,000 AU. That is 430 times the radius of Neptune's orbit.
Which is one of the few cases where it might be economically viable to make a micro jump. It would greatly depend on the travel time. But this is a rare and extreme occurrence. It would largely depend on the distance and the travel time. 6g acceleration can easily most distance. There alway an exception and I did say “ ALMOST NEVER”. I stand by my statement that Micro jump is rare and largely uneconomical feasible.

Back