Interest in buying fleets?

Stu--

Mongoose
Hi all, just curious whether there would be interest in buying my existing fleets?

I have Federation, Klingon, Kzinti and Romulan.
All very nicely painted. Just the 16 ship boxes for each I believe (fleet boxes).

I'd be looking for £150 per fleet plus postage (~£10 maybe).

I don't want to break them up.
Please PM me if you would be interested in buying at least one full fleet and if there is interest I'll photograph them.

Thanks.

Why are you charging more for the fleet box than retail? Are the ships all fully assembled and painted to a good standard?

Hi.
I'd be interested in purchasing either the Klingons or the Romulans. Can you send pictures?

The price is okay. How much is shipping to Canada?

Thanks.

Give me a few more weeks with no forward advancement on this system / resupply and I'll be ready to sell my fleets, too.

scoutdad said:
Give me a few more weeks with no forward advancement on this system / resupply and I'll be ready to sell my fleets, too.

Really sucks to see you considering that, but I understand the frustration. You going to sell your ship in large lots, or are you willing to sell a few singles?

I keep trying to take my own advice that I've been telling new players - play with what we have for now, and enjoy the game. But it's hard since I see the game has so much potential if Matt would just put down the Judge Dredd and Traveller long enough to save this game from fading away.

If Mongoose won't step up to the plate and do something, say issue a PDF version of the rules with clarifications and rules fixes/errata, and start selling the remaining missing minis, I may just start house-ruling what I think needs fixing, and just play with my small local group. No more convention games, no more Mongoose Infantry, seeya. We can always substitute miniatures, do our own conversions, etc.

I've already had to substitute other company's minis for civilian ships since Mongoose isn't selling what I needed. I foresee that if I stick with the game, it'll have to be with more and more substituted minis and houserules.

I'm already working on fighter rules for myself, working up stats for ships that haven't been released yet (and are unlikely to be anytime soon), so I can continue to try and enjoy the game. Pretty soon, I won't need Mongoose for anything.

If Tony sells all of his 2500 minis ACTA is dead, anyone that still wants them better buy his.

Folks, if ACTASF were dead, you would surely hear it first from ADB and Matthew. As far as ADB is concerned, ACTASF is an ongoing project.

Jean said:
Folks, if ACTASF were dead, you would surely hear it first from AFB and Matthew. As far as ADB is concerned, ACTASF is an ongoing project.

Well technically a product can die due to lack of consumer interest long before the manufacturer gives up on it. I'm not saying that's going to happen with ACTASF but losing key players and boosters (like Tony) should be a canary-in-the-coalmine to both AFB and Mongoose to get in gear and start supporting the game more than they currently are.

If I were in charge I'd immediately do three things:

1) Release a beta of version 2.0 of the rules in PDF form, free for download. Get some interest going in the player base.

2) Publish a set of tournament rules and scenarios and then organize a tournament for shortly after the New Year, either in England (with direct support from Mongoose) or Texas (with direct support from ADB). Again, you have to get stir up excitement with your customers, and this is a good way of doing that.

3) Get the lead out (no pun intended) with manufacturing and start filling old back orders. This seems to be the most common gripe on the board and it really needs to be addressed immediately.

But that's just what I would do.

captainsmartass said:
2) Publish a set of tournament rules and scenarios and then organize a tournament for shortly after the New Year, either in England (with direct support from Mongoose) or Texas (with direct support from ADB). Again, you have to get stir up excitement with your customers, and this is a good way of doing that.

3) Get the lead out (no pun intended) with manufacturing and start filling old back orders. This seems to be the most common gripe on the board and it really needs to be addressed immediately.

Running a tournament in Amarillo is not practical --people would have to fly in. No one will want to travel 4-5 hours here and the same time back. :(

Ummm ... ADB has NO back orders.

Just a quick repost of what SVC posted on the BBS: An update. Everything is fine, and Matthew and I (who discuss this almost every day) are both committed to keeping the 2500s in production (at least as long as enough of you want them). It's just taking some time for Bruce to get his new factory up to speed.

Mind revealing what aspect of the joint venture is being discussed? Any sections of the rules for ACTA:SF going to be revised?

At this point I need to hear something regarding the actual ACTA:SF game system having new content added. Wanting to keep the Starline 2500's in production is all well and good but that's not ACTA:SF specific; they can be used for Federation Commander as well.

I want to hear what's new regarding the ACTA:SF game itself and when we can expect new content. I'm sick and tired of seeing Judge Dredd and Traveller updates on the website to the exclusion of all else. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to purchase this game.

OrneryRooster said:
At this point I need to hear something regarding the actual ACTA:SF game system having new content added. Wanting to keep the Starline 2500's in production is all well and good but that's not ACTA:SF specific; they can be used for Federation Commander as well.

I want to hear what's new regarding the ACTA:SF game itself and when we can expect new content. I'm sick and tired of seeing Judge Dredd and Traveller updates on the website to the exclusion of all else. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to purchase this game.

I expect the people who bought Noble Armada feel much the same way. :cry:

billclo said:
Jean said:
Ummm ... ADB has NO back orders.

I think he meant Mongoose's back orders, ie get production caught up with demand. Even many online sources of minis are drying up.

Bing! That's it.

And of course you can't run a tourney in Amarillo. But last I checked there are other towns and cities in the great State of Texas where you'd be more likely to draw attendance. Dallas, Austin, and Houston for starters.

Regarding ACTASF SVC posted: The game will live on no matter what.

By contract, Mongoose has to do the ACTASF tournament support.

Even if we were allowed by contract, there are problems. You do realize that Dallas is over 350 miles from Amarillo? And we'd have to rent a venue and pay for two nights in a hotel? We're not a huge company (much smaller than Mongoose) and that type of travel and expense really isn't in the budget. Austin is further -- nearly 500 miles. Houston is even further -- 600 miles.

Looking at the player directory, I'm only seeing about 6 people in all of Texas. I think that England has a far greater player density for ACTASF.

When I moved out here from the East Coast I was totally shocked (and still am surprised) about how sparsely populated the state is. Where I lived, if a store weren't in your town, you'd just whip over to a town were it was and that would be at most about an hour or so.

Here in Texas, I've learned to just deal with the loss or to order what I want off the Internet. The logistics are quite different out here.

As I recall, Tony Thomas (Scoutdad) was running tournaments in the Nashville area, but I don't think he's going to be doing that anymore last I heard.

Origins would have been a good place, but he had an injury and couldn't attend. It's going to be hard, oh so hard, to get enough players in one place at one time to even try to run a tournament.

billclo said:
OrneryRooster said:

I expect the people who bought Noble Armada feel much the same way. :cry:

pretty much. as our expansion got pushed back and pushed back because of ACTA:SF and then came out finally with no real changes and no support since. just constant promises of new stuff coming all year with nothing showing :cry:

Back