Hungary & the USSR

A

Anonymous

The "Do I have to play a Nazi?" thread has been locked so I'm posting this seperately to just correct a little factual error in Paddy Sinclair's post in that thread. Hungary was never a part of the Soviet Union. It was in the Soviet sphere of influence and was a member of the Warsaw Pact but it has been a seperate country since the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at the end of WWI. Oh, and the bit with the Soviet tanks was in 1956, not in the 1960's.

Crazy 'Scaper said:
The "Do I have to play a Nazi?" thread has been locked so I'm posting this seperately to just correct a little factual error in Paddy Sinclair's post in that thread. Hungary was never a part of the Soviet Union. It was in the Soviet sphere of influence and was a member of the Warsaw Pact but it has been a seperate country since the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at the end of WWI. Oh, and the bit with the Soviet tanks was in 1956, not in the 1960's.

Fair do's, I was going from memory - however still Soviet sphere of influence and it was some other poor satellite nation who I shan't even try to spell least it cause insult of the USSR that got the grief in the 60's.

However - not part of Russia in either case :)

Back