How would you covert AvP to SST?

Okay, new Marine stats, from the top of my head!

Colonial Marine Private
Size: 1
Move: 5"
Target: 3+
Kill: 6+
Save: 6+
Close Combat: 1xD6

Not what's on top priority, but I can't do much with the Aliens or Preds until I get another test game done or get some feedback.

I just realised it, but I have all the avp stats from way back when they where discussed in the 'what should mongoose publish next?' thread :)

for cloaked preds,?
Add +1 to target and kill at different rangebands eg 5" 10" 15"

Kris, i think the Marines should have a 5+ save, (a alien or predator would have piercing right? ?)

As it stands now the Preds have piercing, but the Aliens don't, they have 2xD6+1 in CC so I figure they really won't need the piercing trait, but there's still alot of playtesting to do.

ah ok, i see, that sounds good:)

.. the Disc,, up the damage it should cutpeople in half almost automatically,:D
dunno is adding the spear overkill? maybe let thm get some kind of sweepattack if faced with several opponents?(eg add 1D6+1 for each opponent in range?max 3*d6+1)Nice way to show off their awesome fighting abilities,?

Col_stone said:
ah ok, i see, that sounds good:)

.. the Disc,, up the damage it should cutpeople in half almost automatically,:D

There's the matter of balance as well, if I up the disc damage, then there's no need for the speargun...

Darn it there is! Preds can fire the speargun without having to decloak, or am I wrong?

Col_stone said:
you are absolutely right.. it's the best sniperrifle in the gamig industry today!!!

Are you serious?

I've not played alot of the AvP 1, but the speargun works great against Marines. Alines on the other hand; to fast.

in AVP2 it's great vs marines, but you're not supposed to sniper aliens, Plasma caster and shouldercannon andwildly flailing your spear is the wway to go against them:)

I could figure out the sniper Aliens part myself, in AvP 1 wristblades works great against the buggers.

I've only ever played the AvP 2 demo, and I almost crapped myself the first time (hell, I still do :shock: ).

hehe yeah you learn that pretty quickly :)
i think they sell it at GAME or Willys ((SWE)stormarknadsvarianten)for next to nothing now,, go pick it up, if you liked the first one you'll love AVP2

I saw the alien/pred horrorclix figs today at the toy show in london, they seems very tall, i guess its the think base thay come on, 2 are on wall type units, the rest on foot.
I also saw the Alien queen, nice model, BUT... way too saw for my liking, about 2/3 times bigger, with the egg sac, that comes off.
The size was a let down i was hoping for something big like the c&c monster....

Alan

roughneck GIR said:
So now all we need is smartgunners, Synthetics, and combat synthetics, oh and those sentry guns too :)

I wouldn't mind someone coverting a M-8 into a military-upgraded "loader" like Ripley used in Aliens!

Kristovich said:
As it stands now the Preds have piercing, but the Aliens don't, they have 2xD6+1 in CC so I figure they really won't need the piercing trait, but there's still alot of playtesting to do.
I really think Aliens should have piercing, as in AVP the Alien's inner mouth punches right through a Pred's helmet. I mean that is serious.

I agree that the Aliens should have piercing... probably Piercing 1 will be adequate. Don't want to make them too over-powered or their point value will have to be that much higher meaning less to field in an average conflict.

Then again - we could look at the movie and try to figure out how many "characters" there were on each "team" and base some point value from that reference. Thoughts?

Take into consideration the Queen, the huggers, the Predators cloaked aboard the ship, and the human ally contingent.

Back