How would you covert AvP to SST?

Shoulder cannon,
Ready and choose a target(preferably a sectret one, on a note) and then start firing but let it fire as a squad weapon until the TARGET MODEL is dead or out of LOS there should also be some spray and pray setting for it

other wise i'm with Col.hammer..
The game AVP 2 is in the bargain bins nowadays, but still a top class game

roughneck GIR, yoyu've got us cofused methinks:)

Well, most of it seems good from what I can tell. The cloaked Predator especally.

I've been thinking on Facehuggers a little by the way.

Facehugger
Move: 5"
Size: 1
Target: 4+
Kill: 5+
Close Combat: 1xD6
Save: -/4+
Traits: Climb/5, Killshot

The Facehuggers are small and nimble, but lack any lethal means of attack. Instead, should they beat the Target value of an enemy, the will attatch to their face and implant a Chestbuster. The Facehugger is removed, but does not count as a casualty, should it manage to wound/kill an enemy. Facehuggers can only attack size 1 and size 2 models.

Smartgun
Range: 15"
Damage: 3xD6

Smart: The smartgun can, at short ranges, track enemy movement and more or less aims automatically, because of this, the smartgun may shoot at hidden Aliens and cloaked Predators with no bonuses to Target and Kill values, as long as the target moved in the same turn as the weapon is fired.

When shooting at revealed enemies the smartgun is allowed to re-roll any dice that fails to beat the target value of the enemy, NOT 1's however.

Col_stone said:
Shoulder cannon,
Ready and choose a target(preferably a sectret one, on a note) and then start firing but let it fire as a squad weapon until the TARGET MODEL is dead or out of LOS there should also be some spray and pray setting for it

other wise i'm with Col.hammer..
The game AVP 2 is in the bargain bins nowadays, but still a top class game

roughneck GIR, yoyu've got us cofused methinks:)
On what? The AURORA?

Stratos said:
Make the Aliens size 2 instead of 3 with possibly 2 hits instead of 3 (has an Alien on screen in any of the movies ever died from any one bullet? I honestly don't remember). .

Yup in Alien Resurrection the Alien on the ladder trying to pull down the Black guy gets hit square in the head by one bullet from Ron "Hellboy" Perlman

Col_stone said:
you've got me confused now :D
The AURORA space based assination system is basically an orbital stike of concentrated energy that can desintegrate any choosen target choosen by the commtech carrying the target painter. It's in AvP: extinction, and actually really fun to use on hard targets :) , almost always insta-gibs the target (size and hits of target varry *duh*)

Mr Benn said:
I don't know whether you have got any Predator figures yet but Copplestone Casting make some good ones.

(Am I allowed to post pictures?)

I can't seem to find the link now... anyone?

Hiromoon said:
Lemme guess.....you folks wouldn't complain if, somehow, card stuff appeared, hmm?

Agh! He's like glue! :wink:

Serioulsy though, Hiro, I'll agree with my full heart with Stratos!

By the way, I'm looking for more stuff to give stats, anyone got any ideas for what to do next? Or any crit for the stats I've done?

Anyone can gimme a link to the Alien minis you're planning on using? I took a look at the Predators and they look just awsome!

Kristovich said:
Anyone can gimme a link to the Alien minis you're planning on using? I took a look at the Predators and they look just awsome!

I'll be using Aliens & Preds from this game series:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/horrorclix/AVP_landing.asp

I may pick up some of the Cobblestone Preds too - once I finish moding the Horrorclix above.

SO... are the stats within this thread actually enough for Hiromoon to construct adequate stats cards for? We still never designated point values.

On that note, I was thinking that Cloaking could be bought for +25 similar to how Ambushing Warriors are handled. And the limits could be the same... no more than 3 Cloaked Preds per army.

I dunno about the stats, from what little I have tested them they still could use alot of tweaking, especally the Predators. And the Colonial Marines haven't been tested at all.

Maybe ask around for volunteers to playtest? I'll happily do that time and time again!

Kristovich said:
I dunno about the stats, from what little I have tested them they still could use alot of tweaking, especally the Predators. And the Colonial Marines haven't been tested at all.

Maybe ask around for volunteers to playtest? I'll happily do that time and time again!

Well, I'll attempt to test them tomorrow once I get these two CDs outta here!

I'm most interested in the Aliens and Predators so the Marines - while important - aren't my highest priority.

Well, I can try them out if all else fails, though I get the feeling they'll be outnumbered by the Aliens and outgunned by the Predators.

Kristovich said:
Well, I can try them out if all else fails, though I get the feeling they'll be outnumbered by the Aliens and outgunned by the Predators.

Marines = trained LAMI, IMO. So take a LAMI from SST and take away the disadvantages they are given for being poorly trained.

Stratos said:
Kristovich said:

Marines = trained LAMI, IMO. So take a LAMI from SST and take away the disadvantages they are given for being poorly trained.

So, accuracy through volume, dies very easily and have really no armour? :lol:

Maybe the Marines will outnumber even the Aliens?

Kristovich said:
So, accuracy through volume, dies very easily and have really no armour? :lol:

Maybe the Marines will outnumber even the Aliens?

Well, you tell me just how well armored any of the Marines or Special Forces were against the Aliens or the Preds in any of the movies?! Not very - IMO. They relied more on heavy firepower, ingenuity, luck, some big armoured vehicles, and a strong female protagonist (well, other than the Governator).

Back