High Guard Replacements

Okay quick update questions.

What exactly is wrong with Mercenary printings? And two, does the free book offer from High Guard also work with Mercenary, or just a replacement?

I am planning on sending back my 1st printing HG (limited table of contents) and wanted to know exactly what might be wrong with Mercenary as well. (Quick scan of the forums didn't reveal anything, and I admit it was a quick scan).

Thanks in advance,

Matt

cbrunish said:
Jame Rowe said:
I sent mine in (along with my copy of Merc) about two weeks ago, and requested a copy of Scouts as the freebie. The updated copies arrived within the week.

I think my opinion of the rules are well known but I do want to give a hearty kudos on the quickness of the reply. Thank you very much, Mongoose! :D

What??? You mean that we can send back Mercenary also? :shock: I was just about to send out my High Guard tomorrow.

Yes, we can. (I haven't been able to figure out how it's different, but it's shiny and new, and that makes it good.)

Well I got my High Guard from Amazon.ca and I'm gonna have to mail it in to the US address as it has the Mercenary Table of Contents as far as I can tell. I just wanted you guys at mongoose to know I really like your attitude of looking out for the customer it is very refressing. I understand mistakes happen and you do an awesome job of keeping your clients happy thank you.

So I just discovered that my core rulebook has the deckplans all wrong in it and found the online PDFs with the corrected versions. Has this been fixed in a reprint? And if so, before I go out and buy another one, is this something I have to replace on my own, or is it covered under a program similar to the HG exchange?

Very generous offer, I missed this thread earlier. I have no intention of returning any merchandise though and I'm incredibly impressed with Mongoose overall, as well as their products.

For those of you still wondering if the program is up and running, I sent in my first printing HG two weeks ago and earlier this week got my replacement plus the latest release for Elric in a nice box delivered by the postman.

Kudos to Mongoose for this exchange program. Silly me for holding onto the book for so long without exchanging it.

Matt

I just wanted to make sure that both High Guard and Mercenary books were covered under the exchange program? I have the first editions of both and would like to exchange them for the corrected versions.

phavoc said:
I just wanted to make sure that both High Guard and Mercenary books were covered under the exchange program? I have the first editions of both and would like to exchange them for the corrected versions.

Try emailing msprange@mongoosepublishing.com directly for confirmation, though so far as I know neither program has been cancelled.

LBH

I got my replacements for HG and Merc in the mail today, I sent my old ones off on May 21st. Good turn-around. The new editions look really good at a first look-over, I'm very happy with the changes so far. I'm also enjoying my free copy of Beltstrike. :)

I sent off my HG last week havent got anything back yet but I went cheapy mail so I'm not expecting for awhile. I'm just saying I like the actions by mongoose on errors and such. I feel that it shows a strong and relaible business sense and respect for the customers. I also believe that this thread should be Stickied as it is important for people to find and read. So Mongoose Please STICKY this thread.

I sent off my Mercenary and High Guard for replacement about six weeks ago and I think the total time was around 2 weeks from the time I shipped them to the time I received my new books.

I'm quite impressed with Mongoose for doing that. Definitely earned some loyalty from me.

Is there some place where I can download just the corrected Table of Contents for High Guard? Other than the ToC, my copy looks good.

OK I got mine back and my copy of Psion about 3 days ago (I was not at home to know exactly when) and all I have to say is GOOD JOB MONGOOSE PEEPS. Yes it needed caps for that, and PS Sticky this thread please.

I sent in my copy of High Guard and received it back as undeliverable since the address in Ohio was vacant. I have sent an email in to msprange but thought those in the U.S.A. should know to hold off on sending in their books to the Ohio address.

Duroon said:
I sent in my copy of High Guard and received it back as undeliverable since the address in Ohio was vacant. I have sent an email in to msprange but thought those in the U.S.A. should know to hold off on sending in their books to the Ohio address.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you mis-addressed it. I sent my copy of HG in 13 days ago, and got my replacements in on Monday. Seems unlikely they'd vacate that warehouse in the last week...

Kobold Curry Chef said:
Duroon said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you mis-addressed it. I sent my copy of HG in 13 days ago, and got my replacements in on Monday. Seems unlikely they'd vacate that warehouse in the last week...

They didn't have much choice, some ihatei got loose from the new Aslan book and took over, declaring the warehouse the property of their clan and evicting all the humans, declaring them unworthy even as slaves.

Kobold Curry Chef said:
Duroon said:

The address on the envelope is the same as the one at the beginning of this thread.

Back