High Guard Replacements

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We are going to be getting a reprint of High Guard in stock within the next two weeks (the download on Drivethru will appear at the same time, as will an errata).

If you are in any way unhappy with your current copy of High Guard, you are welcome to send it back to us. We will replace it and, by way of making it up to you, also send you any Mongoose item of $24.95 or less of your choice - completely free!

Just send in your High Guard to one of the addresses below, along with a short note with your postal address (please write clearly!) and what free book you are after.

Please note the extra book must be one that is currently in stock (have a quick check on our web site - if it says 'Add to Cart' on the book's page, rather than 'Preorder', then it is in stock and fair game!).

If you are in the US, Canada or Mexico, please send your book back to;

Mongoose Games
High Guard
4773 Gateway Circle
Kettering
OH 45440
USA

If you are anywhere else in the world;

Mongoose Publishing
High Guard
52-54 Cricklade Road
Swindon
Wilts
SN2 8AF
United Kingdom

Once again, apologies if you are in any way dissatisfied with your current High Guard. We have a very slick system for producing books here at Mongoose but, for various reasons, High Guard dropped out of this system - needless to say, it won't happen again, and we hope the free book will make up for your time and trouble.

Hmmmmm choices, choices....

Do I send my "faulty" HG back and get a new one with a shiney freebie, or do I hang onto it and wait for the error-corrected HG to come out and just buy that?

Meh. I'll buy the error-corrected HG when it's out ;)

msprange said:
If you are in any way unhappy with your current copy of High Guard, you are welcome to send it back to us. We will replace it and, by way of making it up to you, also send you any Mongoose item of $24.95 or less of your choice - completely free!
The only headache I have from this is that your books are priced in Pounds, and thus I actually don't know which items are $24.95 or less.

Would Traders & Gunboats be one of them?

-MrUkpyr

One last question - how long is the offer good for?
IE: If I wanted to wait until Scouts was out, would the offer still be available?

Note that I don't really expect it to last that long, but figured I might as well ask (grin).

-MrUkpyr

MrUkpyr said:
IE: If I wanted to wait until Scouts was out, would the offer still be available?

We stand behind all our books - the offer is indefinite.

Good deal. It does mean being without my HG book for awhile, which despite the errors I have been getting a lot of use out of, but I can deal with that, and the free book more than makes up for the postage money.
Thanks! I'll be doing that soon...when I figure out what book to get :)

Allen

Matt,

3 Questions/Clarifications

1) Alright if I wait till after I get back from my Xmas holidays to do this? ALthough from what you say above the answer is yes)

2) What happens about the UK address, aren't you moving premises soon?

3) Can you get a Flaming Cobra book as a freebie or just 'pure' Mongoose products?

Thanks

LBH

That is a very generous offer.

I don't know whether to take advantage of it. On the one hand, it's a great offer. On the other hand, I'm more amused than actually unhappy about the faulty ToC in my High Guard. I've been too busy reading Dragon Warriors to see if there's other problems with it. :)

lastbesthope said:
1) Alright if I wait till after I get back from my Xmas holidays to do this? ALthough from what you say above the answer is yes)

3) Can you get a Flaming Cobra book as a freebie or just 'pure' Mongoose products?

1. Yes.
2. Not in this time frame.
3. Any book in our ranges at all.

Thank you for your offer. But before deciding whether or not I send back the book, I would like to know what has changed in this reprint.

For example, if the table of contents is the only thing that has been updated, I can get with a wrong table of contents and save some money (and save yours ;) ). But if some more important parts, like deckplans, have been reprinted, I must admit that I would prefer a correct version.

msprange said:
lastbesthope said:

1. Yes.
2. Not in this time frame.
3. Any book in our ranges at all.

Thanks Matt,

I'll sort out sending mine in for replacement after Xmas. Saves me buying T&G this weekend as well I suppose :lol:

LBH

Matt,

Very few people these days stand behind their product like you guys.

I won't be asking for a replacement, for obvious reasons. However I would be interested to know the cost of the new ammo types. Do you think I could just bug you for that?

Otherwise, I'm all good. If the transplant goes well, my son will be home in a few months. As busy as I am these days, It'll probably take me that long to put together a campaign.

Thanks again, Matt.

msprange said:
MrUkpyr said:

We stand behind all our books - the offer is indefinite.

Oh, that makes it very tempting. Of course, I'm under the same quandry...I've grown to like my copy of High Guard...incorrect table of contents and all. Well, something to consider though!

Saw a reprinted correct TOC copy for sale in my FLGS, but since noone is stocking T&G locally, I'll use the replacement deal to get that for free, well some P&P anyway.

LBH

I took advantage of MGP's generous offer and mailed my misprinted copy today. Guys, you will get it in the UK address early next week!

Thanks very much in advance!

msprange said:
Allensh said:
This includes the newly released Pocket Edition of Traveller, correct?

Indeed - anything and everything that is currently released.

Not to come off like a fanboy, but I really wanted to compliment MP on this offer and the resulting service. I received HG as an early Christmas present, sent it in to the Ohio office for exchange, and got it back last Friday. Whole process took just under two weeks.

I can't think of another publisher who has made such a generous offer, and executed it with such speed. I took Pocket Traveller as my freebie, and I'm really impressed. What a jewel of a book!

As a result, I'm about to place my first orders directly through the site for another copy of PT, as well as some pre-orders. More often than not, I try to support my FLGS directly, and will continue to do so. But I also think such great service is worth rewarding directly once in awhile.

Thanks again, Matt, both for this, and MP's successful re-energization of Traveller!

As you can see above, I mailed my defective HG copy to MG on Dec 10. I received a fine copy (plus a free copy of Traveller Pocket Edition) on Dec 26! A great performance if you have in mind it's Xmas time and mail takes forever.

Matthew and All, you are doing a pretty darn good job at supporting customers! :D

Back