Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perma-guest said:
Danny said:
AD; So many people are saving up for so many models from mongoose. And trust me, there is a lot of postingsn of saying, im gonna buy sop and so boxes and armys.

That was kinda his point. The newness of the game is attracting people who talk a good game about supporting the game, just like they did to the last game they abbandoned.

i never supported GW. i just started cause it was the biggest company and everyone else had it. (i say 'everyone else, i mean all us losers who play wargames)

Anonymous said:
Wake up and smell the coffee guys, SST will not affect GW in anyway! The comments of less and less people going into their shops is crazy, they sell more 40K in a day than Mongoose will sell in 6 months!

Now I will be buying my copy of SST cause I think it looks cool. Just like I bought Warmachine, Warzone, Chronopia etc etc, why do I buy games cause I enjoy playing.

But lets stop the rubbish, SST will not put a dent n 40k or the GW buisness, and why do we feel the need to give them a hard time anyway, if you don't wanna play their games then don't buy their models, they don't force anyone to buy their stuff just like Mongoose ain't forcing any of you to pay what everyone agrees is a high price for the troopers box set.

Will GW continue to up their prices...YES of course they will, will Mongoose up their prices...em YES of course they will, everyone does, all the time!

Oh and GW does continue to produce all its plastic and metal ranges in the UK, not is China like everyone else, maybe thats a reason its more expensive as they support their local economy. The US division is also now producing the majority of all their own product within the US, Memphis I think.

Anyway thats my rant, just play games and enjoy yopurselfs, no need to be bitter!

SOD OFF! GO MONGOOSE!

I always find it funny when a group of people are discussing a game company & comparing it with GW, when someone comes in with little reading comprehention & accuses everyone of GW bashing.

Understand what you're reading before you cast blame.

So what if theres some GW bashing going on? Don't people have a right to voice an opinion, or is your's the only one that counts?

If someone is typing something I don't like, I stop reading it. If people will blindly follow the word of a stranger on a computer screen without question, there not the kind of people I want to be agreeing with.

Don't try to squash other peoples freedom of opinion or expression. This was a conversation & not an argument, theres a big differenct to most people.

As long as you can have fun with whatever game you choose, live & let live.....

...If someone is typing something I don't like, I stop reading it. If people will blindly follow the word of a stranger on a computer screen without question, there not the kind of people I want to be agreeing with.

Don't try to squash other peoples freedom of opinion or expression. This was a conversation & not an argument, theres a big differenct to most people.

As long as you can have fun with whatever game you choose, live & let live.....

hear hear!!!!! cheers mate!!!! :D

now for my opinion.... i beleive its really gonna matter on the location of the store. in my store, pair-a-dice games, about 20-25 of us are looking for GW alternatives, me and several of my freinds are boy cotting GW, some will play only non-gw games, and some will play everything. but in my store we are kicking GW right square iin the go-nads :wink:

nick klose said:
Better fluff, (quote)

personally i think 40k has better fluff

would you like to define what you mean by 'better', before I voice a contrary opinion? I don't want to quash your thoughts...but I have thought a lot about the 40K fluff, and wouldn't mind hearing someone else's opinions. But the fluff is part of my reason for giving up on 40K.

Please, speak! :)

im sorry but GW fluff prob wont be around as long as HEINLIENS NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!! its like comparing david (GW fluff) to a one-hundred-and-fiftyfoot mecha rosie o'donel (SST [the book])....... not to squash you opinion :wink:

Aman said:
nick klose said:
Better fluff, (quote)

would you like to define what you mean by 'better', before I voice a contrary opinion? I don't want to quash your thoughts...but I have thought a lot about the 40K fluff, and wouldn't mind hearing someone else's opinions. But the fluff is part of my reason for giving up on 40K.

Please, speak! :)

ok, personally i think ( i mean my own personal opnion i'm not trying to start a argument hear) war hammer 40k has a better fluff because it's darker. i like the religious nonsense of the imperium, the tale of the god emporer and his great crusades. the horus herasy, then the age of imperium. the 40k fluff has a wonderful gothic feal to it. The only real problem with 40k fluff (and i think its a HUGE problem) is that you have to do reaserch. you have to read those second and first edition books. you need white dwarfs 99through 200. you need to waste time reding novels, books and codexs. the new codex's offer crap in the way of fluff. if you read the old books and doe a little reserch the 40k fluuf becomes very good. the problem is that the old fluff is hard to impossible to find nowadays, so you left with crap codexes that don't even give one tenth of the story. The advantage that sst has in the fluff department is that you only have to read one novel and thats it. from that one novel you can get the basic back ground information and go from their. any way thats what i think.

ianvancheese said:
nick klose said:
Better fluff, (quote)

a lot of GW fluff contradicts other stuff

well ya its bown to, it was created in the 80's and has be changing ever since. its bown to copy or contradic somthing else. but hell some of the best games i have ever played were nok offs (starcraft, war craft, targed zero)

I think its good GW have tons of fluff as it means theirs lots of inspiration for cool stuff. Also means they can make more money with novels and that.

most of the GW fluff is poorly written, their books are so un-real, except gaunts ghosts (those are friggen awesome, until they had to kill corbec....and the last book in hard copy *cough* GAY), in heinlens books, as well as haldemans and dare i say (i dare, i dare) the guy who wrote the HALO book The Fall Of Reach, you can get a sense of reality.....

Um, remember that all of this was a knock off of Heinlein's original novel.

Without that, we wouldn't have Space Marines of any kind, power armor, bug/zerg etc... Well, eventually we would have thought of it, but not for a while.

What 40k did was take GW's fantasy knock off of Lord of the Rings and add some starship troopers to the mix.

Lord Bob said:
I think its good GW have tons of fluff as it means theirs lots of inspiration for cool stuff. Also means they can make more money with novels and that.

All their novels sucked. Just read byrams i agree completely. o.o" Scary. I agreed with byram.

and wtf is this thing with fluff. I thought fluff was a fluffy thing that represents fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back