Faction questions

Sanzo84

Mongoose
I just want this to be clear. The way it's going, the USMC and the US Army will be released as different factions... That means, legally in tournaments they can "duke it out" so to speak. My question is, why didn't Mongoose release the US forces as a "Joint Task Force" pretty much like the Europeans?
Also, would Commonwealth troops be considered EFTF troops, acting under the UK and such? I mean, the Canadian Forces and the Australian Army may be similar but aren't the British Army...
What about Israel? When they're released, would they be a seperate faction? I mean, they probably wouldn't mix with either th EFTF nor the MEA, so...

No idea why the US wasn't a combined armed forces faction. I wouldn't be surprised to see it change to such a setup in the future if BF:Evo takes off.

No word on Canada or Australia. Though there are a set of fan based Aussie cards available here:
http://forum.evocommand.com/viewtopic.php?t=131

The IDF will be a separate faction. Last I heard the IDF was supposed to have their infantry release around Wave 10 and the Merkava tank in Wave 11. That's a 6+ months old schedule though so it may have been revised a bit.

Sanzo84 said:
I just want this to be clear. The way it's going, the USMC and the US Army will be released as different factions... That means, legally in tournaments they can "duke it out" so to speak. My question is, why didn't Mongoose release the US forces as a "Joint Task Force" pretty much like the Europeans?.

no idea, I recently said the same thing myself, I think they should have been done that way

Also, would Commonwealth troops be considered EFTF troops, acting under the UK and such? I mean, the Canadian Forces and the Australian Army may be similar but aren't the British Army...
What about Israel? When they're released, would they be a seperate faction? I mean, they probably wouldn't mix with either th EFTF nor the MEA, so..

The Commonwealth isn't a military organisation, some of its member have fought each other. There is no reason for Canada and Australia to be on the side of the EFTF. Someone else suggested Australia as an American ally and Canada as a European ally, I like that idea myself

Israel, definitely should be seperate

Hiromoon said:
Never thought we'd need to implement Plan Red...

was that the one drawn up in the 30s? (when you were supposed to be our pals, damn you! :lol: )

I know Britain and the US came close to blows in 1896 or something

Yep...I'm sure it still holds true... I mean, Canada didn't change much, did it?

Sanzo84, Plan Red was one of several plans the US drew up in the early 20th century to deal with war against several countries, Plan Red being the one designed for the invasion of England, which at the time had its colonies still. For strategic reasons, we were going to seize Canada (good old Northern Boarder), the Northern Sea (oil fields), and a few other things.

emperorpenguin said:
Hiromoon said:

was that the one drawn up in the 30s? (when you were supposed to be our pals, damn you! :lol: )

Oh... I get it now. Thought it was an inside joke or something... It'd interesting though to see US forces implementing a sort of "War Plan Red 2.0" and invade Canada. Sounds like a good idea for a campaign!

I like this quote!
Invading Canada is an old American tradition. Invading Canada successfully is not
:lol:

and this
In 1839, Americans from Maine confronted Canadians in a border dispute known as the Aroostook War.

"There were never any shots fired," said Etzinger, the Canadian Embassy spokesman, "but I think an American cow was injured -- and a Canadian pig."

:lol:

And let's not forget the Web site http://invadecanada.us/ , which lists many compelling reasons for doing do: "let's make Alaska actually connected to the U.S. again!" and "they're just a little too proud" and "the surrender will come quickly, they're French after all."

Sanzo84 said:
emperorpenguin said:
Hiromoon said:

Oh... I get it now. Thought it was an inside joke or something... It'd interesting though to see US forces implementing a sort of "War Plan Red 2.0" and invade Canada. Sounds like a good idea for a campaign!

just double checked yep there was a possibility of a conflict over the Venezuela-Guiana dispute in 1895. I read a "What If?" essay about it, in which the US invades Canada, does fairly well but the Royal Navy shatters the US Navy, shells New York and destroys the Statue of Liberty. A peace treaty is signed and Britain cedes Quebec to the US. Subsequently the US has to put up with French seperatists :lol:

Here's a little bit of fun:

War Plan:
Black - Germany
Brown - Phillippines (in case of revolt)
Citron - Brazil
Emerald - Ireland (We're coming for you, EP)
Gray - Invasion of a Carribbean Republic
Green - Mexico (put down local rebel groups, install pro-American government, cancelled in 1946 officially)
Gold - France and French Holdingsi n the Carribbean
Indigo - Iceland
Lemon - Portugal
Olive - Spain
Orange - Japan (actually formed the basis for the WW2 Pacific campaign)
Purple - Either the invasion of a Central American Republic or Russian
Red - England (and English Holdings)
Silver - Italy
Tan - Cuba
White - United States (dealing with local rebellion, apparently commies featured highly in this plan)
Yellow - China (participation during the Sino-Japanese war)
Violet - China (involvement with domestic incidents)

Mwahahah...

Hiromoon said:
Emerald - Ireland (We're coming for you, EP)

Orange - Japan (actually formed the basis for the WW2 Pacific campaign)
Mwahahah...

Emerald- yeah you were coming to help the Fenians :x

Orange- partly formed the basis since it anticipated battleship combat, the Philippines not falling etc

What about War Plan Blue, for the covert cultural invasion of Australia, and it's subsequent conversion into a lap-dog State..... Oh, wait, they did that one!

my dad told me about plan red as kid, i always presumed it was against a comunistic invasion, either way my childhood was filled with building guns from car exusts, flame throwers, and of course bunkers and other partizan equipment. who need an educatin when your brought up they way i was exspecting war on your door step !!!!! my life got ruined the day the wall came down :( grrrr at gorby and never invading i whanted to play !

so mr and mrs americans please come and invade england, befor i get to old (wich was probably abut 3-4 yeas ago. !!!

wonder why america would invade the UK ? bet they would have got stuck in wales, and exmoor.....

Actually, you're code-named Scarlet and fall under War Plan Red.

And, I hate to tell you this, but you did the lap-dogging yourself.

Sanzo84 said:
I just want this to be clear. The way it's going, the USMC and the US Army will be released as different factions... That means, legally in tournaments they can "duke it out" so to speak. My question is, why didn't Mongoose release the US forces as a "Joint Task Force" pretty much like the Europeans?
What about Israel? When they're released, would they be a seperate faction? I mean, they probably wouldn't mix with either th EFTF nor the MEA, so...

Just my thoughts..

The USArmy would not be a new faction, but a Sub-faction working with the USMC. Much like the EFTF countries work together each in a sense are a sub-faction.

The MEA is mainly the same. A bunch of sub-factions or nations working together for a common goal.

Israel on the other hand would be a unique Faction. But, most likely they would and could gain support from the USA. if they asked for it.

Back