Faction questions

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
I pushed for the Joint approach during playtesting. IIRC, the decision was made to just go USMC because "people think the Marines are cool" :roll:

that would have been the best approach

I did not think marines used the M1 Abrams I have never seen a marine operate one. and they better get the f-35 JSF as a model it replaces the ageing harrier so it would be really cool to have a hovering plane thats stealth and blowing things up. there are 3 versions of the f-35 one for the air force to replace the f-16 one for the nave built a little bigger and can make carrier landings for the navy and one for the marines to replace the harrier it is stealthy can fly mach 1 and produces less heat.

Drahazar said:
I did not think marines used the M1 Abrams I have never seen a marine operate one. and they better get the f-35 JSF as a model it replaces the ageing harrier so it would be really cool to have a hovering plane thats stealth and blowing things up. there are 3 versions of the f-35 one for the air force to replace the f-16 one for the nave built a little bigger and can make carrier landings for the navy and one for the marines to replace the harrier it is stealthy can fly mach 1 and produces less heat.

What? USMC uses M1s in the last two Gulf Wars, and are using them presently.

Drahazar said:
I did not think marines used the M1 Abrams I have never seen a marine operate one.

Not only what Old Soldier said, but I have a copy of the military transfer documentation that transfered a company of Heavy Armor Abrams from the Army to the Marines in the first gulf war.

Of course they are using them, they have at least two companies that I know of.

-V

did not know so marines use them too huh well when the army faction comes out at least you can use the abrams for both. the marines fly the f-18 too. and the army wants the a-10 from the air force but where not going to give it to them they also want the predator from us. silly little army and marine guys we would have to do a colored book with pictures just so they could use it and that would waste money. :lol:

Drahazar said:
did not know so marines use them too huh well when the army faction comes out at least you can use the abrams for both. the marines fly the f-18 too. and the army wants the a-10 from the air force but where not going to give it to them they also want the predator from us. silly little army and marine guys we would have to do a colored book with pictures just so they could use it and that would waste money. :lol:

The Air Force developed out of the Army Air Corp. Of course, the Air Force can lambast the soldiers and marines all day long, because they're always "in the rear with the gear". I'll gladly give a nod of recognition to the PJ's and the Forward Air Control guys, cause they chew the dirt with the rest of us grunts, but just cause you can clear a patch of land, doesn't mean you guys own it. The army and the marines do that (and that's the way it is, no matter which country's flag you're flying).

The army should have the A-10 if the air force isn't going to continue to use it. There is no logical argument against its successful integration into the army's force structure, since it would fit into a category similar to that held by the apache. The air force just wants to hold onto the ground attack role to bolster their budgetary requirements.

Regards,
Larry

My cousin is in the army and im in the air force we always make fun of each other im the chair force and hes a ground pounder. actually i wish i was part of the chair force but im part of the air force that actually works. The air force is keeping the a-10 there modifying it with stuff and upgradeing it. our security forces are going through moretraining from what ive heard in combat operations away from the base and stuff and they have snipers and stuff. I just make sure our jets can blow $H!t up Gun things down and stuff. But I fully respect the other branchs they do a lot of stuff and are under fire a lot. Im proud of my cousin actually both of them one navy the other army. they have done there time in Iraq.

Actually, you're code-named Scarlet and fall under War Plan Red.

And, I hate to tell you this, but you did the lap-dogging yourself.

Hmmm, Hiromoon..... I am unsurprised that we rated a mention. Damned important country, we are.... way down here and all that. Why, we control the access to..... Ummm..... New Zealand..... From the western side only, of course!

As for who did the lap-dogging.... I feel much more comfortable blaming somebody else!

Actually, it all boils down to the fact that we are a very sparsely populated, very large country, with some very over-populated and mostly unfriendly neighbours to our north. We need a Big Powerful Friend. It used to be Britain, back when the Royal Navy used to rule the waves. Now the US Navy does; ergo, the US is our friend.... and we will do whatever they ask, so that they will rain fire upon our enemies when the time comes..... Now all we gotta do is find enough oil to make it worth their while!

Back