Dumb question about Shadow Cloud Weapons arcs.....

Wasnt the Whitestar built with help from the Vorlons?

And as to bitching about the EA bear in mind 3 distinct era's with distinct capability gaps in their fleet composition and thats over all the era's.

grrrrr

Voronesh said:
Actually the Shadow Could is in SFOS.

And we all know that LBH is human, since he cant paint all his T-Bolts.
Well he might be superrich for being able to outstrip MGPs production rate, but still he cant paint em......

Where I could find it? BTW: Is the Vorlon Planet killer in the SFOS?

alien027 said:
Where I could find it? BTW: Is the Vorlon Planet killer in the SFOS?
Sadly, no, as of the final playtest. Reason given was the mini wasn't up to scratch (oh, yeah? So what about the Shadow Cloud mini then?)

Wulf

Wasnt the Whitestar built with help from the Vorlons?

Yes. Which means that unlike Clark's secret agencies, who found a derelict shadow vessel and prodded it with a sharp stick for a few months, and then wandered off and built the Shadow Omega, the Minbari actually had a Vorlon on hand to explain how their stuff worked.....and yet seemingly refuse to make use of this knowledge themselves.

Shadow tech has shown itself to have the innate ability to intergrate with other technolgies forms. The EA scientists don't really understand it, they just stuck bits in place and the shadowtech handles the intergration itself.

Vorlon tech seems alot more connected with the Vorlons themselves (connection between the various "Koshes" and their transports). Perhaps you need a Vorlon actually there to successfully intergrate?

Dunno, just trying to make some sense out of the stuff.
(plus I agree with ShadowScout that the Shadow Omega and the Nemesis shouldn't have actual shadow weapons, just enhanced EA stuff).

Nick

Voronesh said:
And we get advanced E-mines, which i hope can still short-charge anyway. Actually can anyone confirm this?

IIRC they have the E-mine trait and nothing that says they are in any way different to other E-mine trait weapons so yes you can use all the variant E-mine rules.

LBH

cap'n smirk said:
Shadow tech has shown itself to have the innate ability to intergrate with other technolgies forms. The EA scientists don't really understand it, they just stuck bits in place and the shadowtech handles the intergration itself.

Vorlon tech seems alot more connected with the Vorlons themselves (connection between the various "Koshes" and their transports). Perhaps you need a Vorlon actually there to successfully intergrate?

Dunno, just trying to make some sense out of the stuff.
(plus I agree with ShadowScout that the Shadow Omega and the Nemesis shouldn't have actual shadow weapons, just enhanced EA stuff).

Nick

Also, the Shadows are freely sharing their tech cause they know it will ultimately be used to create wars, insuring that weak races die and that the strong races becme even stronger.

Vorlon tech is deliberate, just like their philosophy. If they flippantly gave up Vorlon tech nothing would be accomplished except more war, which is against Vorlon princibles. That is why I dispise the Earth/Vorlon hybrids because they should not exist.

Also, cap'n smirk, like you said, Shadow tech is more automated, as evidence by the "pilots" that can intergrate with anything they youch. Just look at how they latched onto Earth systems so easily as seen by the time Franklin had one in Med Lab and how Sheridan used them as weapons.

Vorlon tech needs to be shaped and controlled.

lastbesthope said:
Greg Smith said:
Since the advanced e-maine launcher is not slow-loading, there is no reason to short charge it.

D'oh, of course Greg, well pointed out

LBH

Another mistake :?: :!:

You're 0 for 2 LBH :roll: :wink: . Don't hit me... :lol: .

lastbesthope said:
It technically wasn't a mistake, you can short charge if you like, would be foolish, but nothing to stop you doing it.

LBH

I'm sorry. I was being sarcastic. Just playing. I regret saying it. Now I feel bad :oops:.

You know way more about this game then me... Hell, I haven't even played yet... AND I HAVE 161 POSTS! Keep in mind this is the only forum I post in... except for a few odd ones in the forum at the bottom of the index. Goes to show you all the usless information I give plus all the questions I ask.

Actually there is good reason to short charge.

You only have ships breakers loaded.

Unless we have played that rule wrong, and you get to choose any e-mine type you want. Midbattle.......

Thats what im hoping for.

Im a sucker for using ship breakers. Simply because the firepower gain at a G'Quans preferred range is huge.

lastbesthope said:
Voronesh said:
And we get advanced E-mines, which i hope can still short-charge anyway. Actually can anyone confirm this?

IIRC they have the E-mine trait and nothing that says they are in any way different to other E-mine trait weapons so yes you can use all the variant E-mine rules.

LBH

IIRC the variant emines can only be used by a weapon with the name emine, not the trait (so pulsar mines are SOL). Might be an idea to get a quick clarification on whether advanced launchers count or not. Though they probably so.

Actually thats a problem.

Does advanced make that weapon a different thing alltogether or does it still count as a normal one in regards to payload.

I mean with stuff like Battle Lasers that dont have the Beam trait...

It doesn't with the Apollo, so odds are it probably won't with "advanced" emines wither. However, IIRC, it would need to be an E-Mine and not a Pulsar mine...

Chern

altho you then lose the range of the advanced emines if using ship breakers which is kind of the point of AEM, altho being able to fire ship breakers every turn would also be nice.

Back