Dilgar War Pack - Preview

Da Boss

Mongoose
Ladies and Gentlemen I am pleased to announce that my latest ACTA project approaches completion.

The Dilgar War

This supplement for A Call to Arms 2nd Edition covers the fleets, personalities and events of the Dilgar War as brought to life by James Harnet in his novel of the same name. I am honoured to have some pieces written by the author himself for this work.

Inside you will find complete period specfic fleet lists of the major combatants involved in the conflict
The Dilgar
The League of Non-Aligned Worlds including the Abbai, Balosians, Brakiri, Cascor, Descari, Drazi, Hurr, Hyach, Ipsha, Markab, Pak’mar’a, Vree,
The Earth Alliance

the fleets of the Great Powers and Rivals of the time:
The Centauri Republic and The Narn Regime.

A Raiders list and a variety of civilian and merchant vessels to prey upon.

A series of scenarios allowing you to re-enact some of the pivotal moments of the novel.

The pack has many stunning models painted and in some cases scratch built by Kickaha.

The following link contains a short preview including the Narn Regime Fleet list. The full pack will be approximately 220 pages.

The Dilgar War - Preview

Charles you old tease! Torture us a bit more won't you...:lol:

1 question though.. Did Kickaha's pics come in that size? The paint jobs are truly great, but I don't think it was meant to stand up to such scrutiny. It's a little bit past the breaking point IMHO. But maybe that's just me. In the final analysis, it is your expansion ;)

hmm will look

On my computer the only one that looks like a blew it up a little too much is the Narn Vorchan - which other ones do you think don't work?

M1ndr1d3rs said:
The GZG Dilgar proxy also looks a bit rough IMO.. The T'Voth..is excellent! :D
I have found that making it into a pdf seems to cause issues with some images - I will def go through and see how I have used them - no fault of Hughs photogrpahy, likely to be my feeble attempts at manipulating them.

also noticed several typos which is annoying - why is it easier to see them in pdf!!!!

ah well as long as a few people enjoy it I'll be happy.

:D

Well, i do realize that criticizing is always easier than doing something yourself.. So rest assured that your efforts on doing the Dilgar War is very much appreciated. ;)

M1ndr1d3rs said:
Well, i do realize that criticizing is always easier than doing something yourself.. So rest assured that your efforts on doing the Dilgar War is very much appreciated. ;)

Save your platitudes my friend I have no need for them. Any time that I have spent on DW was my choice to spend and besides is now water under the bridge. :wink:

As for critisism, well that is only to be expected when you post pics of any kind in a public forum, its the risk you take. Since I don't consider myself a master painter, yet 8) , then again thats another reason why its to be expected.

Fortunately I don't paint or indeeed sculpt for the kudos, positve or negative. :lol:

You have touched on a few points that I would like to discuss further tho;

Every mini painter should get hold of a camera and magnification software to blow the image up. Its only natural when something that is painted at real life size then significantly magnified the quality will suffer. The first time Da Boss did that on one my photographs I was suitably humbled. However it is now a technique that I would recommend to everyone. It will improve your paintwork guarenteed.

From a painting point of view never ever use a starfield as background, it does add atmosphere, (pardon the pun) to shots for say PDF's and for that reason I will continue to use the technique however it does significantly reduce the quality of your paintwork, losing much of the subtlety, (not a word I use to describe my paintwork very often) particualry within the fine shading & detail.

Finally, I was going to avoid posting on this thread, kind of self serving, but since I am here, why do I consider it a great privilage to contribute, (Feel free to rate as good bad or ugly), to Dilgar War;

(1) Since May 08, & right from my first posts on this forum, I have been an avid fan of LC's excellent novel. It struck a chord with me that no other book ever has. It was new B5 detailed content, it described in vivid detal a universe wide war. More importamtly it described that war and its known personalities just as I imagined it/they would be. Finally and for me critially it created new heroes, new battles, new ships which I have been building & painting on and off for the last 2 years.

(2) Another chance to support Da Boss, an individual who continues to lead the way in keeping this game alive and at the highest quality of output.

(3) & Most importantly, even if you hate the Dilgar or indeed my interpretation of them, (a paint scheme which I designed to be very much in your face, just as I imagine the Dilgar to be), then download "Dilgar War" and ignore the colours, for Da Bosses work is choke full of example proxy minis which are used to depict new races & ships. In other words whilst there are no longer many sources of official B5 minis, (and there never will be again), there are a multitude of companies out there producing fantastic suitable proxy minis (hopefully Mongoose again soon) which will continue to keep this game alive just as long as we fans are prepared to let it.

Kickaha said:
M1ndr1d3rs said:

Since I don't consider myself a master painter, yet 8) , then again thats another reason why its to be expected.

Well, you shouldn't.. But you certainly could ;)
Your Narn is certainly among the finest I've seen in the forum.

Will move to PM for the other discussion points.. It's Da Boss' thread! :p

Back