Did Mongoose lose the License for Judge Dredd?

I noticed that on the main site, all Judge Dredd (including RPG) has been removed. Did Mongoose lose or relinquish the license for producing products?

And if not, will the main rule book be made into a PDF like "Death on the Streets"?

Thanks.

CCotD'

I don't think so. It is just that there is no current releases, and it may well be out of print.

Mongoose have said they plan to revisit it when the new movie comes out - but that appears to be in develpoment hell, so it may not be for a while yet.

Didn't it go because its one of their miniatures games, because it dropped off the website at the same time at the others.

As to a PDF of the main rules, I asked a coupla weeks ago because I could only see Death on the Streets and Matt said it was supposed to be on both wargaming online and RPGnow and he would get onto getting it back onto those sites, because it was supposed to be there.

No, we still have the various 2000AD stuff, just there are so few copies of the old Dredd stuff that it is effectively out of print (the rulebook has been OOP for quite some time).

We will, no doubt, be revisiting Dredd at some point. Personally I can hardly wait!

My Traveller arrives tomorrow, which I've bought almost exclusively to pre-swot for Dredd and Strontium Dog. And if some of that pre-swotting involves a nice little Traveller campaign, all the better...!

Ned

Mongoose Acolyte said:
No, we still have the various 2000AD stuff, just there are so few copies of the old Dredd stuff that it is effectively out of print (the rulebook has been OOP for quite some time).

We will, no doubt, be revisiting Dredd at some point. Personally I can hardly wait!

Any chance you can get Gangs of MegaCity1 up on Wargaming Online as a PDF - currently only Death on the Streets is there...

Myrm said:
Any chance you can get Gangs of MegaCity1 up on Wargaming Online as a PDF - currently only Death on the Streets is there...

Plus: I'd be willing to roughly collate all the S&P articles into one PDF, Mongoose willing.

Ned

Myrm said:

Yep, I had a look for the files prior to going on my hols - found them and will get them up as soon as possible once I get back to the office.

Mongoose Acolyte said:
Myrm said:

Yep, I had a look for the files prior to going on my hols - found them and will get them up as soon as possible once I get back to the office.

Any followup on this one yet, says he plaintively :)

Okay, whilst waiting for the SWAT team (of painters - miniature painting night for the local wargaming club) I have put together the downloadable pdf for GOMC1. Expect it to be available sometime next week (we are off to Continuum until Monday).

Who says I never do anything for you guys?

nick

That's great news! Thanks!

I saw a chap checking out the boxed set in Orc's Nest two days ago. I had to enthuse calmly, for fear that my proseltysing glint would give him The Fear. Hope he bought it.

Have a good con.

Neil

Just spotted this so now Im champing away and checkin Wargaming Online every 20-30 seconds or so :)

Mongoose Acolyte said:

Is there any thought to using a different system if it's revisited?

K

ned-kogar said:
Myrm said:

Plus: I'd be willing to roughly collate all the S&P articles into one PDF, Mongoose willing.

Ned

This would be super-convenient - did anyone ever put all the articles together? downloadning and printing _just_ the GMC stuff is a pain.

AA

Back