Deus Vult

AlphaStrike said:
That said, it's fair to point out that the vast majority of Mongoose books would benefit from more careful editing. Quite a few typos seem to slip through.

Unfortunately, this is still a valid point voiced by many. I'm reminded of the 2009 State of Mongoose post;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41509

Matt said:
The last State of the Mongoose also stated that we were revising our editorial and proofreading procedures. In fact, we continued to refine the new system throughout 2009, and I believe the evidence of its success is there for everyone to see – in the past few months, the number of editorial issues in the many, many books we have released can be counted on one hand.

There are several things we have done to achieve this, but the basic cornerstones of this production system have been a new regime of formal training, using qualified in-house proofreaders, and changes to procedures as books go through production. I am not saying that all our books will be perfect every time, but we have already seen that many people have noticed the changes that have been made.

Sorry Matt, but I still don't see any appreciable change from the pre-2009 days. Aspirations high but demonstrables fairly low.

Crap, just saw that EVERYTHING under runequest at Moongoose site now is 9.99£. And i just ordered someplace else for much more money. crap crap !! :(

Been reading the stuff i got now. That Gareth Hanrahan guy is a pretty impressive writer. Havent read all of Ex Cathedra yet, but so far in it im really impressed by him. Extremely well thought out and far far from just mindless slaying.

Back