Demo game photos

daggers

Mongoose
Those of you with long memories may remember me posting about the idea of running a game based on the dvd of SST and the battle on Hawaii

well we ran the game in August and I thought you might like to see some photos .

bunker01.jpg

table02.jpg

warriorsoncliff01.jpg

More photos can be found at this website, though I've not had the chance to write an intro page yet
http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/sst/

Galatea said:
I can't see a thing :?

on the website or here on the forum.
Part of the problem maybe due to where I've had to locate the photos.
I'm using a yahoo site to ast as the host for the images and it places an hourly limit on the amount of data you can link into. :(
try calling back a little later and you shuld be ok

Did you guys do the table for this scenario or did you already have it? When I win the Lotto and get my mansion, I'll have a table like that :)

Nezeray

nezeray said:
Did you guys do the table for this scenario or did you already have it?
Nezeray

A few years ago I ran a 40K weekend ant used this table as one of the inter linked games. At that time there were just 4 big guns at the back in scratch built bunkers.

Since then I decided to run it for SST

This means I rebuilt the top, adding more details, wood planking on the sides of the trenches, making 3 dugout style command bunkers sunken into the table, adding new bunkers and buildings at the rear, trees and scrub are all new with soem being built by myself and others bought at games shows, etc

the table is 4ft x 8ft, with the cliff being between 8-10inches in height.

wow nifty the colors seem stale to me, but it sounds like youve had the board a long time

how was the games? looks like a hard battle for bugs

the hoppers look great

rico's roughnecks said:
Good job there dude! I love the whole table, now how about a 10x5 hydora table :lol: :wink:

Didn't you know? Hydora tables are all wet... :lol:

BTW, nice demo!

Sgt. Brassones said:
Can anyone say "Normandy". Only here I'm routing for the Germans...

yeah, the table was orginally for a 40k weekend based on the normandy landings
I have 2 other 6x4 tables set up with beach defences with 6ft of trench work.
one of which I am thinking of modifying for SST

Gauntlet- said:
wow nifty the colors seem stale to me, but it sounds like youve had the board a long time

how was the games? looks like a hard battle for bugs
ran the game 3 times at the event
1 bug victory, 1 MI and 1 draw (less than 150 points difference)
Game runs for 3 hours or 10 turns
Had the board for about 3 years, but have totally reworked the top with nes scenary for this game

the hoppers look great
will tell my wife as she came up with the colours. You can't see it on the hoppers but the backs are done llike a hornet (yellow and black)
the wings are airbrushed with inks and metalic paints

[/quote]

Back