Deluxe Character Sheet for Download

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Just a quick note - with RuneQuest Deluxe about to go into production (shipping on the week of the 17th!), the character sheet from the book has been posted on the web site.

Very pretty. Shame it will be impossible to use. Same problem as the ACTA rulebook, too dark background.

Greetings

I printed out the first page and you might be OK if you wrote in the details in red but the overall impression is 'grubby' - it may well look better in the book ...?

Regards

I wrote a brilliant and razor sharp criticism of this sheet and it disappeared. Now since Mong are paying for this forum there is nothing to say that they have to pay for the pleasure of keeping up a post which is unflattering to their products but if you have or 'have' to remove posts why not PM the author so that they know that the post which (presumably) was meant for the benefit of other forum users has gone and they need to re-word the points they made?

Grrrr

Someone obviously went to a fair bit of trouble to create the sheet. But it's pretty unusable due to the background. Just thought I'd add my piece in hopes it can be altered before the Deluxe book comes out.

:(
Sorry Mongeese, but I must join the chorus of criticism of the sheet. I was hoping a revised sheet would enable me to do away with the one I created myself, but this still has the same basic flaws. The background makes it unreadable and being spread over two sides makes it irritating. I appreciate someone has spent hours lovingly designing this, but it is back to the home-made version.

elgrin

It's so nicely put together - much better than the original sheet - but the background is very expensive in terms of how much ink it uses, and you really can't use pencils on it.

I've opened it in Illustrator, to try to dig the backgrounds out, but it's all been flattened into a bitmap.

How about a version without the backgrounds, Mongoose?

- Q

If the contrast between the background and foreground were greater..... It is a very nice looking sheet, I'm just not sure how it will look printed and filled out....

CthulhuFnord said:
If the contrast between the background and foreground were greater..... It is a very nice looking sheet, I'm just not sure how it will look printed and filled out....

That's exactly what I'm talking about, CF, and I don't think it's an unreasonable response. The backgrounds are taking up way too much ink on print-out, and make pencil marks at least impractical, if not totally unusable.

Any background darker than 10% of black just cannot be used with pencils! At least not if you want to change anything at any point in play.

- Q

Which raises an obvious question.

Matt, have you used these in play? Have you actually printed them out and used them as character sheets?

As it stands, I honestly don't think they have been.

- Q

To change subject slightly, the Rune Sheet really should give the chances for finding runes. Without them I find myelf having to reference the main rulebook far too often.

The new deluxe character sheet:

Pretty Layout

Pretty background
that is WAY too dark. Much like the 1st edition B5 sheet.

And my usual gripe: Not a Fillable FORM.

I'll stick with the PDF of the RQ Character Pack. it's not a form, but you can write on it with pencil and still see the info.

Nezeray

Just reviving this thread as I managed to get a useable version of this sheet to print. Using Adobe Reader on a Mac, I checked the "Discoloured Background Correction" option in the "Advanced Print Setup" box. It makes the text / background contrast greater and the background a bit lighter all over. It is only a subtle change, but it makes a difference...

For me at least it works admirably as a character sheet - even with pencil.

Back