Cults of Glorantha Index?

duncan_disorderly said:
Voriof said:
Yes. Oddly enough, I'm aware of this. I playtested HW and subsequently helped with the writing and design of HQ. :)

Jeff

The point being that we haven't had an explanation,apology, or radical improvement of the MRQ line following the disappointing start.

There were criticisms of HeroWars, but they resulted in subsequent products being better. Criticisms of MRQ seem to result only on the complainers being dismissed as whiny old timers...

I think this has a lot to do with the tyranny of the rapid release schedule. Any adjustments that result from customer feedback aren't likely to show up till quite a few products are out the door.

One should be careful what one wishes for, too. The negative reaction to Avalon Hill's handling of RQ3 helped kill the line stone dead for some time, until the brief renaissance of Sun County/Shadows on the Borderland/Strangers in Prax. Yet, sniping about dreadful artwork aside, we now seem to be viewing the RQ3 period as some sort of Golden Age, when there was a lot of irritation going around then as well. Of course we didn't have teh intarweb to endlessly amplify it...

ninthcouncil said:
I think this has a lot to do with the tyranny of the rapid release schedule. Any adjustments that result from customer feedback aren't likely to show up till quite a few products are out the door.

One should be careful what one wishes for, too. The negative reaction to Avalon Hill's handling of RQ3 helped kill the line stone dead for some time, until the brief renaissance of Sun County/Shadows on the Borderland/Strangers in Prax. Yet, sniping about dreadful artwork aside, we now seem to be viewing the RQ3 period as some sort of Golden Age, when there was a lot of irritation going around then as well. Of course we didn't have teh intarweb to endlessly amplify it...

Very good points. Again, I am reminded of Nick Brook's sardonic "Ten Things I Hate About Glorantha." :roll:

The release schedule is brutal. I have worked for many other gaming companies over the years and the turnaround time for Mongoose is comparatively short indeed.

Jeff

Voriof said:
Sigh. I really wish some cults had not been cut. It would have made my job much easier.

You could try and convince the powers that be to allow you to include the missing cults in the Erata... should make everyone happy :)

Back